Mancester city tactics

• Thread starter Thread starter ruf34
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 3K

ruf34

Reaction score
I had a good start , playing with and old tactic 424 il devasto , i won everything with this tactic at fm 12. Now after 10 wins in a row my team just won't win anything, i had 5 defeats in a row in premier league , knocked out by nottingam forest in fa etc. I know i have a great line-up but i can't manage them to play anything. Line-up is : Hart | Richards(maicon) kompany(papadopolous) hummels(lescott) bale(clichy) | Yaya toure (javi garcia) benat(milner) | david silva and nasri (gotze) | aguero tevez (dzeko balotelli) .

i don't know what to change.

Thanks

Sound like a manmanegent issue to me. The team becoming complecent and loosing because of that, then continue loosing as they loosed the confidence and motivation. Here, its important to talk to the players and get them back on their feet again, at the same time trying to grind out a few results by playing more cynical.

I think it's a bug in the game I use all the best tactics and then when your on a winning streak then WAM you lose all the time.

Last edited:
ive had problems with tactics aswell do well for 10/12 games and then they play like they havent seen each other before and it dosent matter what team talk you give they just go down on all 4s and let the oppo rape them

I hired the best on motivating i spoke with them after bad games with each one and get their morale a bit up but they can't win anymore. Kind of stupid, this line-up should beat nott forest in bear feet :|

I think it's a bug in the game I use all the best tactics and then when your on a winning streak then WAM you lose all the time.

Its not a bug. I always, always bounce back. Also remember that if some players are out of form and are being complecent, you will start loosing matches, just like in real life.

Also, what is the" best tactic". Under the circumstances you loose, the one used is obviously not that.

Last edited:
I hired the best on motivating i spoke with them after bad games with each one and get their morale a bit up but they can't win anymore. Kind of stupid, this line-up should beat nott forest in bear feet :|

Not if just putting in their shoes. For your players this game is unimportant whilst for Forest, its the game of the season.

Last edited:
Its not a bug. I always, always bounce back. Also remember that if some players are out of form and are being complecent, you will start loosing matches, just like in real life.

Also, what is the" best tactic". Under the circumstances you loose, the one used is obviously not that.

Well I use yours almost all the time so are you saying your tactics are rubbish but I do use Raikan's tactics a lot to.

Well I use yours almost all the time so are you saying your tactics are rubbish but I do use Raikan's tactics a lot to.

No, I just said that given the circumstances, its not the BEST TACTIC. ( big difference between NOT being THE best and being rubbish dont you think)

I like to think it's close to reality this game but you can't take 3 goals every match and hummels and kompany whom are top defenders look like training dummies , thats a bit unrealistic

These are my hints

- Watch the game ( not highlights, but the actuall match) and look at the flow. Where are you struggling ?. Is it that the players are not closing down as a unit ? - If so, then lower the closing down and the line of defence. This way, you will not be stretched and dragged apart just because some players dont feel like/ have the form to perform. Are your players missing sitters or are they loosing in concentration after having dominated the game but without being able to score ?- Here, yhou are more likely tro actually concede and its better to grind out that result by flooding the midfield, winning the battle their

I like to think it's close to reality this game but you can't take 3 goals every match and hummels and kompany whom are top defenders look like training dummies , thats a bit unrealistic

Sound like City to me ;D

Actually, there are some problems with the animation making misstakes look even worse than they are though. LIke written above, if the team is struggling, then play more cynical and grind out some results

You have a point but for example i played a match with my friend , who plays with chelsea same teams same tactics for two matches first match i beat him with 4 goals second match now he gave me 4 goals :)) now again same teams same players same tactics

You have a point but for example i played a match with my friend , who plays with chelsea same teams same tactics for two matches first match i beat him with 4 goals second match now he gave me 4 goals :)) now again same teams same players same tactics

Well, using such an attacking tactic where you try to overload the opponent, its often so that who ever gets the first goal wins.

Could it be from the assistant manager? i had kidd and won and about the time i changed him with cruiff i began to lose...

I have him running the match training , attend conferences , arrange friendly , set pre match instructions...

Well, using such an attacking tactic where you try to overload the opponent, its often so that who ever gets the first goal wins.
This is what I see a lot of people at most decent teams do online, which is why I love network games. It's so easy to take them apart if you set your team up for it. Score a quick goal or two and they fall apart most of the time.

yeah but technically its cruiff its way better than kid

Back