Manchester City 0-0 Liverpool

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 797

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Champions League rivals Manchester City and Liverpool play out a tedious goalless draw at Eastlands.

More...

Meh. Nice to see Torres back though.

Great game, flowed throughout, with both teams playing a great brand of football.

Oh wait...

Sounded like a snoozefest.:O

What did gerrard get booked for out of interest, if anyone knows?(A)

Liverpool have a habit of making these type of games boring.
I was highly anticipating a good match when they played Arsenal recently but that turned out to be dull aswell.

Good result, epically boring match...

Both teams were poor and neither deserved to win it, Benitez played for a draw for me. How dissapointing.

Dont really know if that is a good result. Are liverpool coming back, as they havent been at their best lately? Or is it just we are starting to do bad or bad performance.

Did I miss anything in the 2nd half, I nearly dozed off after the 1st

awful game, dont know why we played 4-5-1, we had most options available, adebayor had the only good chance of the game, i think we could have won today, we beat chelsea and man utd and arsenal at home, should have beaten liverpool

What did gerrard get booked for out of interest, if anyone knows?(A)

For being a Liverpool player, same as our other 5 bookings really.

awful game, dont know why we played 4-5-1, we had most options available, adebayor had the only good chance of the game, i think we could have won today, we beat chelsea and man utd and arsenal at home, should have beaten liverpool

Chances were Adebayors header and Skrtels header. Other than that nothing at all.

*edit* Just noticed the last sentence, how do you work that out?

Last edited:
Grr. Police made me go to Piccadilly and threatened me with arrest if I went, erm, home - dumb, dumb Greater Manchester Police.

Decent performance but lacking in that bit of magic to unlock City's ten man defence.

Love the way they play hoof ball up to Adebayor and try to play off him. Skrtel had a good match. Good to see Torres back.

6 Liverpool players booked,ref was influenced by the ground. Again like in most matches,and all against good teams,set up for the draw,when others look to attack.Aquilani was on for 3 minutes and gave it away three times

They obviously know what a big trouble maker you are Zeb ;) Nah any excuse for them when it comes to football...

Glad I didn't watch it, sounded poor. Great result for Spurs and Villa, the race for 4th is back on...

They obviously know what a big trouble maker you are Zeb ;) Nah any excuse for them when it comes to football...

I think the lockdown of the city centre on Friday night may have been carried over to today (6)

Do miss Maine Road still to be honest - always a cracking atmosphere there. Eastlands is still dead - a couple of chants of 'USA, USA' - presumably aimed at us rather than you lot and a lot of whining every time a City player fell over. Do wish they'd sing about their own players a bit. They're starting to remind me of Everton - they get a sniff of success but all they can think about is singing about the opposition.

I like this result. Just makes it an even simpler job for Arsenal to finish at least top 3 now.

Back