Manchester City ins and outs first season

• Thread starter Thread starter Williamz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 2K

Williamz

Reaction score
I have decided to play as manchester city and i have never been able to build a perfect free flowing team i have the latest update for transfer so i have sergio aguero and the players that have a place in my team are

Joe Hart (goalkeeper
Richards (right back)
Kompany(Center Back/maybe next captain)
Clichy (new signing LB)
Yaya toure (center midfield)
David Silva (left midfielder)
Adam Johnson (right midfield)
Carlos Tevez (captain)
Sergio Ageuro (new signing)
Mario Balotelli (Backup)

If you have any ideas on players who can fill in the missing gaps in 4-4-2 formation please let me know.
I have £70 million to spend but i would like to bring in about 4 or 5 players to cover missing positions and backup to my key players. I am looking for a mix of young talents and experience players (21-30).

Thank you :)

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

I also need a backup keeper :)

Last edited:
I started with Man City recently on the 11.3 version and here is what I did:

View attachment 190523

I used monthly installments to buy all these players. I play a 4-5-1 formation as I feel it is more suited to Man City.

Last edited:
I have decided to play as manchester city and i have never been able to build a perfect free flowing team i have the latest update for transfer so i have sergio aguero and the players that have a place in my team are

Joe Hart (goalkeeper
Richards (right back)
Kompany(Center Back/maybe next captain)
Clichy (new signing LB)
Yaya toure (center midfield)
David Silva (left midfielder)
Adam Johnson (right midfield)
Carlos Tevez (captain)
Sergio Ageuro (new signing)
Mario Balotelli (Backup)

If you have any ideas on players who can fill in the missing gaps in 4-4-2 formation please let me know.
I have £70 million to spend but i would like to bring in about 4 or 5 players to cover missing positions and backup to my key players. I am looking for a mix of young talents and experience players (21-30).

Thank you :)

I also need a backup keeper :)

Straight away for a back up i would bring in a gk that's young (17-19) i usually bring in Jack Butland from birmingham city he usually turns out good and in a year or two you can get Joe Hart to tutor him.
For Full backs (if you want back ups) again I go for youth, Nathaniel Clyne can do a good job at rb or lb, also ryan bertrand from chelsea is very good.
For CB I would bring in someone strong and tall, your usual old-school centre back, maybe Hangeland from Fulham? for back up to them i would use lescott and another youngster, maybe Sakho?
I'm guessing you're playing a flat 4 in midfield, next to yaya, I personally would have someone creative, James Milner is usually very good as he is also a good worker, but i would try and get Juan Mata into the team.
You already have decent back-up to your rm, in shaun wright phillips, for a lm i would probably say eden hazard if you can keep his price down?
Back-up for your strikers you have dzeko and balotelli but if you're after a youngster i would buy neymar.
Hope this helps, with man city, I usually play a 4-2-3-1 my team including signings would be
Hart--Richards--Lescott--Kompany--Clichy--De Jong--Milner---A.Johnson--Paulo Henrique--Silva--Aguero

Cheers for that :)

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

Thanks for the deatiled description i have just signed smitthies i was thinking about maybe going for gary cahill i have savic and kolorov as backups i would consider mata but he has a 52M clause in his contract with the latest transfer update :) thanks for the ideas :)

Cheers for that :)

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

Thanks for the deatiled description i have just signed smitthies i was thinking about maybe going for gary cahill i have savic and kolorov as backups i would consider mata but he has a 52M clause in his contract with the latest transfer update :) thanks for the ideas :)
its ok :) you could probably get him for less than that maybe around £20M the clause is just there so that he has a way out aha

I started with Man City recently on the 11.3 version and here is what I did:

View attachment 190523

I used monthly installments to buy all these players. I play a 4-5-1 formation as I feel it is more suited to Man City.
thats risky using monthly installments, yes it gets you the players but in the long run it can put you in a financial crisis

He's playing as Man City, it's almost impossible to ruin them financially

Im not looking to spend a lot of money i sold weis for 11m to anzhi now im looking for a AML good/decent player so silva can play in CAM with johnson AMR so he can cut inside

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

How much does marko marin go for??

I was on about if he played the game for 10/20 years and just giving him general advice if he went to a smaller team.

Im not looking to spend a lot of money i sold weis for 11m to anzhi now im looking for a AML good/decent player so silva can play in CAM with johnson AMR so he can cut inside

How much does marko marin go for??

not sure about marko marin, if you want to spend (which i know you said you didn't) neymar at AML is a beast especially when played as an inside forward (same for johnson) balotelli is also another good player at AML as an inside forward you might need to train him at that position though.

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

also just to add, for pre-season go to match prep and put the slider to high and select team blend option, this will allow your team to play better as a unit and be on 'the same wavelength' so to speak. It may take a while for your team to click so get your signings in as soon as you can.

Is tevez unhappy in this patch??? i play 11.1.1 so....ANYWAY:$...if so i would suggest bringing in a replacement striker...with man city anyone is a target; David Villa is great for me but i had to wait a season or two (cant remember atm :p) as 10-11 is his 1st with barca. I signed aguero but he hasnt quite lived up to the hype. Also, one man city save i did i signed fernando llorente and he was the surprise of the season!! He scored 27 in 30(he got injured mid season) in all competitions. I wouldnt 100% consider him as it was probably a fluke tho... Lastly, if you're looking for young blood, i would go with Conor Wickham! In goal, young options would be Jack Butland or Alphonse Areola...Alex Smithies, anyone? The City midfield is pretty packed, so I didn't really change anything--except for the fact that wright phillips far outshone silva and johnson so he earned himself a 1st 11 spot!

what transfer update did you use? :) link if possible

LFCMarshall's Summer 2011 Update V4 (30.07.11) - Downloads - Football Manager 2011 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats - FM-Base -- Update is only transfers to the 30th July, see his thread for the dates of next releases.

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Is tevez unhappy in this patch??? i play 11.1.1 so....ANYWAY:$...if so i would suggest bringing in a replacement striker...with man city anyone is a target; David Villa is great for me but i had to wait a season or two (cant remember atm :p) as 10-11 is his 1st with barca. I signed aguero but he hasnt quite lived up to the hype. Also, one man city save i did i signed fernando llorente and he was the surprise of the season!! He scored 27 in 30(he got injured mid season) in all competitions. I wouldnt 100% consider him as it was probably a fluke tho... Lastly, if you're looking for young blood, i would go with Conor Wickham! In goal, young options would be Jack Butland or Alphonse Areola...Alex Smithies, anyone? The City midfield is pretty packed, so I didn't really change anything--except for the fact that wright phillips far outshone silva and johnson so he earned himself a 1st 11 spot!

Because he's using a custom database with new transfers he will already have augero, he will also have adebayor back which i forgot to mention aha. as far as I know tevez is still happy as you can't make him be unhappy on the normal editor unless using FMRTE in-game

I was approached by City half way through the 2nd season as Porto manager.... I took it (and saved it seperately) to play again in the future, but to be honest, I will never manage City :P had no desire to make them win anything....

but I did a big revamp of the squad in the few days I was there (then missed my Porto game and been playing it ever since)

I sold:

Adebayor (still have to pay him 52k a week for 2 years, better than 150k) £9.8m
Barry (still trying to get him to go to Schalke, he rejects their contracts) £5.25
Caicedo (Spartak Moscow) £5.8m
Radoi (Stoke City) £8.5m
Wright Phillips (free to Wigan)
Given (cant remember, £2.8m)
other useless keeper (£1.4 to Tottenham)
Farfan (trying to straight swap Porto for Moutinho but Farfan rejects at the last hurdle)

trying to get rid of:
Onahua, Bellamy, Richards (out on loan at Liverppol, stats are worse than I have ever seen before) Santa Cruz, Cabaye, a few other crappy players:

have already organized transfers in:

Javi Martinez - Athletic £14m
Phil Jones - Blackburn £16m (1st time buying him)
Renan - Porto (brought him from Avai 1st season, favourite keeper) £9.25m

and was looking at Necip Uysal - Besiktas as well, but they wanted close on £30m for him!

Back