Manchester City- world domination project (reborn!)

Reaction score
Wednesday 26th May 1999
A pub in Manchester

"Beckham.. into Sheringham, AND SOLSKJAER HAS WON IT!"

Manchester United hadwon the Champions League for the first time under Alex Ferguson at the NouCamp. They had overturned Bayern Munich with two goals in injury time to givethem a famous treble and Ferguson, a knighthood.
Gabriel Sutton was a 21-year-old central midfielder hopingto break into the Manchester City first team as an academy graduate. He was ona night out with Kevin Horlock and Paul 'The Wasp' Dickov, having just beatenWigan at Maine Road to get into the Division Two Playoff Final against TonyPulis's Gillingham.

Horlock sighed when the United result was confirmed."This is ******* me off. What are we doing here? We should be winning titles at the top, playing in Europe, being the best. Not in the third bloodytier. Do you think we'll ever be better than Manchester United?"
"We will." said Gabriel with an air of assurance. "I promise you. Someday."
"We've got a massive game on Sunday first though lads." Interjected Paul Dickov.
Gabriel was determined to win. "We have to beat Gillingham and get back into the second tier of English football. That's where our journey starts."
He struggled to get to sleep that night. The prospect of playing in front of 75,000 odd fans at Wembley that Sunday was a daunting one. What if he messed up? What if he made a fool of himself and disappeared. Vanished into the midst of time and space in non-league obscurity. Forgotten. Gone. Forever.

No. This wasn't going to him. This was his shot at the big time, he wasn't going to let negative thoughts and alcohol stop him from helping his beloved Manchester City reaching the Premier League and fulfillinghis dream. He would go to the gym tommorrow after training. Gabriel Sutton was a man on a mission. And he would succeed. Someday.

Last edited:
Hi everyone- Gabriel here- some of you might recognise this opening- I did this story a few months ago but it crashed-
so I've got a new computer since and am starting again. Do leave a comment. Thanks.

Proof-read it for typo's before you submit the post but otherwise it looks very interesting.

5th June 2011
SKY SPORTS NEWS

Italian national football team manager, Cesare Prandelli, has been pronounced dead at Milan General Hospital following a recent battle with lung cancer. The 54-year-old will be best known to football fans around the world for his success with Italian giants, Juventus as a player in the early 80s, Fiorentina's longest-serving manager and now of course the National Team Manager of Italy. It looked like a reasonably encouraging start to his tenure in charge of Italy, breaking a record with 9 games unbeaten in the Euro 2012 qualifiers, followed by a 2-1 victory against world champions Spain. A great start made by Prandelli, recovering from the nation's dismal display in the last World Cup. He will be a man sadly missed and never forgotten.
View attachment 237191
It has been announced that Gabriele Pin will take temporary charge of the national team until a new manager is given a permanent role. The favourites to take the helm of Italian 1st team long-term are:

Carlo Ancelotti- 3/1
Roberto Mancini- 4/1
Gabriele Pin- 6/1
Giovanni Trappatoni-6/1
Fabio Capello- 8/1
Pep Guardiola- 8/1
Arsene Wenger- 10/1
Jose Mourinho- 15/1

The Italian FA have announced that they will draw up a shortlist within the next few days.
Sunday 30th May 1999
Wembley, London
"Last four minutes of the game, Carl Asaba the goalscorer.. and it's Taylor he's put through this time, Taylor! 2-0!"

Having just conceded five minutes ago, Gabriel was warming up to try and make an impact on the game with very little time remaining. "Right, sonny." Joe Royle stood beside him. "You're coming on for Lee Crooks, I want you to chase every ball and close down as quickly as you can to create chances for Goat and Waspy."
And with that, the fourth official's board went up as Gabriel made his way onto the pitch. A short ball from Jeff Whitley came to him at the edge of the 'D', a through ball put Shaun Goater in a position to see the lights of the goalkeeper's eyes. A point blank save from Vince Bartram kept him out before the ball fell to Kevin Horlock on the left side on the edge of the box- a powerful shot from Horlock rammed the ball home. With 5 minutes injury time, the game was on. In the last minute of stoppage time, Man City we're desperate. With the ball falling to Sutton again on the edge of the box, a threaded through ball to Paul Dickov sent him one-on-one, with his first touch, he smacked the ball inside the near post for a late equaliser as 30 minutes extra time- and the possibility of penalties- loomed...
21st June 2011
SKY SPORTS NEWS

The Italian FA have announced that they have appointed Roberto Mancini as their new manager. In a recent interview, the Italian has stated: 'It didn't feel 100% right to leave Manchester City the way things were going. We had won the FA Cup, signed the likes of Sergio Aguero, Samir Nasri amongst others earlier in the summer- I felt we were in a great position to develop as a club. But, when you're country comes calling, especially in the tragic circumstances as with regards to Mr Prandelli- we were great friends and I was very saddened by the news- I felt I needed to step in, help sort out the situation. Although I'm sure many Italian football fans, myself included, will be devastated by the news of a few weeks ago, I am looking forward to the challenge of leading this great nation and hope to continue from where Cesare left off. It is now Manchester City’s fans turn to wonder who their next manager will be. Carlo Ancelotti, Jose Mourinho and Gabriel Sutton amongst those who have been linked with the now vacant job.

30th May 1999
Wembley, London

"Guy Butters steps up for Gillingham. Man City win if he misses. He can't miss. He'***** the post! Manchester City are going to Division One in the most dramatic of circumstances!”

A post-match interview:

“Well, Gabriel, how’sthat for a bit of drama?”

“Oh, unbelievable. When I came on with a few minutes to go Ihad a feeling that if we could nick one immediately then we might be back in the contest, but the game was definately in Gillingham’s hands so I wasdelighted that I could come on, grab an assist and make an impact.”

“You mentioned your assist and a lot of people I’ve spoken to have said that Man. City looked a different team once you came on. What’s your reaction to that?”

“Well, I don’t want to focus too much on what others have said to be honest. As a club we’re just taking our progress one step at a time, and this was a big step- I’m lookingforward to next season.”

"Of course you’re promoted to Division One now, courtesy of this result. Realistically, how far can this Manchester City team go?”

“Premier League football. The whole squad wants to be competing with the likes of Manchester United and I think when you’ve got a manager with the quality and ambition ofsomeone like Joe Royle- given a bit of time and money- the only way is up."

Last edited:
hi everyone- apologies for the presentation- ive copied and pasted a few stuff which the toolbar didnt like and got a bit random- comments appreciated. cheers

Back