Reaction score
Well, I can see United being a popular team this year with the overhaul to their squad in the summer and a generous 60 million transfer budget at the start, so I thought it'd be a good idea to have a discussion on our experiences (and perhaps where those of us who aren't tactical geniuses can get some help).

I've just started my game and I got through pre-season OK but had a bit of a poor start to the season with a 50% win rate in my first 10 games.

I'll share my transfers now. I probably went a bit mad -

In - Kyle Walker 13m, Sergio Canales 14m, Max Meyer 17.75m, Gabriel Barbosa 9m, Eder Alvarez Balanta 3m, Jemerson 7m, and Sebastian Rode 15.5m

Out - Valencia 8m, Valdes 850k, Fellaini 7.5m, Young 15.5m, Rooney 28.25m, Blind 18.25m, J Pereira free, Fosu-Mensah loan, Varela loan

My main tactic is a very fluid possession based 4-5-1

---------GK

FB---CB---CB---FB

---------DLP

-----BBM---AP---

IF----------------IF

----------F9

Have fun but keep it friendly :)

Not sure how you managed to sell Young for so much money. There were no offers for him. Although, can't say I regret it, him and Valencia were immense in my first season, really worth keeping him around. Trying to move him off in the second year though.

I sold Rooney for 68M$, Blind for 49M$, Rojo for 32.5M$, Valdes for 5M$, and bought in Zouma for 33M, Pogba for 107M (over 48 months), Barbosa for 12.5M and Bernard for 29M, along with Augustinsson for 3M and Embolo for 23M. Oh, and Stones for 58M, over 48 months again. All of them were starters and were immense for me.

Pay special attention to Martial and Barbosa. As poachers, they are simply outstanding. And Bernard was my Player of the Year.

I guess I got lucky with Young as Spurs wanted him.

Martial has had a couple of injuries which is quite annoying but Barbosa has been doing well for me as a F9 so far.

I'm thinking I should probably change the DLP to a RGA in my tactic as it has quite a high defensive line and high pressing so a bit more aggression could be in order there.

Bought Pogba in 1st season at 80M pounds.
in 2nd season, realized I need more depth and backup, bought Bilal Ould-Chikh, Deni Suarez, Maximilian Meyer, Javi manquillo, domenico criscito all for 50M shopping spree. Sold Valencia at 20M pounds. Sold wilson at 10M.

Bought Neymar in the 3rd season at 100M pounds.Since then, it is hard to lose. still unbeaten in the league after 20 games. Most of the games were dominating performance with high scoreline including annihilating barcelona 4-0, Chelsea 5-0 (never lost to mourhino before), Arsenal 6-0.

My team play a high pressing, high line, 2 fullbacks attacking 4-2-3-1 style. Surprisingly, Ashley young was season 1 player of the year with avg rating of 7.8.

Bought Morata, Stones and Barbosa to play a 442 and walked the league, next season got pogba, laporte and verratti in and walked UCL. Easiest team to be because of how Memphis, Martial, Shaw, DDG are all one of the best in the world in their positions soon enough.

I'm finding it hard to put together any kind of consistent run. Beating Spurs and City, losing to Villa and Liverpool, getting absolutely hammered by Chelsea, drawing far too much.

I'm coming to the conclusion I'm just ***** at the game. A handful of individuals are keeping me in the job.

I brought in Higuain for about £58m.

I lost the CL play off against Lazio and played poorly in both legs.

Sacked before Xmas.

Anyone looked at Callum Gribbin in the Under 18s? Looks very good for his age!

Think I will pop him to first team and give him some game time :)