jr93

Reaction score
Hey all,

so I'm Manchester United and I'm coming towards the end of my 2nd season; my tactics are okay but I'd like a new one that is emphasised on consistency, clean sheets and possession play-- is this possible?

My first season I only managed to win the League Cup and this season I'm top of the league with two matches left, in the semi-finals of the Champions League and the final of the FA Cup... okay I'll admit I restarted the game after a bad result a few times!

Main problems that I'd like to address with a new tactic;
- GOALSCORING, I seem to not be able to break down some teams no matter how much possession I get it doesn't turn into clear cut chances therefore no goals
- CLEAN SHEETS, my defence seems pretty solid but I can never shut up shop completely when clinging on to a 1-0 lead vs. a big 4 team

Finally, here are my players... (I've used 4-2-3-1 for the last 2 seasons)

GK: Ben Foster, Joe Hart
RB: Wes Brown, James Tomkins
CB: Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic, Jonny Evans, Phelan
LB: Patrice Evra, Burton

CM: Owen Hargreaves, Darren Fletcher, Jack Rodwell, Joe Mattock
CAM: Anderson, Jose Baxter
RW: Ashley Young, Antonio Valencia
LW: Jack Wilshere, Gareth Bale

ST: Wayne Rooney, Giuseppe Rossi, Danny Welbeck

All help will be much appreciated,
thanks!

ive been Playing 4-5-1 or 4-3-2-1 in big games as Man United in my save

GK: Joe Hart
RB: Wes Brown
CB: Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic
LB: Patrice Evra
CM: Owen Hargreaves(central midfielder-defend), Darren Fletcher(box to box), Anderson (advanced playmaker-Attack
LAM: Antonio Valencia OR Ashley Young would be fine
LAM: Gareth Bale
ST: Wayne Rooney

if your playing a big team start of by either counter, or standard, if your at home play attacking
and Balanced or fluid but be careful about Fluid play could make your team exposed

hope i helped (Y)

Look for a Thread call My man utd save 10.3 there are few good Tactics me and this other guy made :D

aah, thanks a lot everyone cheers!! :)

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

That tactic aside, do any of ya'll have a favoured tactic with good ball possession and 20goals or less conceded in the prem' a season?

Last edited:
if u dont no how to play the game dont play the game *****

shut up

if you're not going to helpful, go away.getting really tired of these kind of comments

If you're not gona be useful don't reply to this thread troll.

Dont play brown as a rightback, rafael or oshea would be better. You might be conceding goals since you only play a defensive midfielder when Hargreaves is chosen. You might want to set a standard position for defense.

in your 4231 you can play one defensive mid and one central midfielder or 2 defensive mids. Dont play 2 central midfielders because it leaves a huge hole between defence and midfield. Since you have wingers you can ask your fullbacks to defend more than attack.

There are some decent 4231 and 451 tactics on the thread, spend a little time searching for the one that suits your bunch of players. Your squad is very strong with the exception of your central midfielders.

Thanks for the help Reggaezal, I'm thinking of signing Hamsik or another strong defensive midfielder & yeah I'll certainly set the full-backs to more defensive considering I've got two offensive wingers.

I also made Jonny Evans a right back so I've subbed Brown for him.