Manchester United tactics 2010-present

• Thread starter Thread starter connor_23
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 7K

connor_23

Reaction score
Todays 3-2 win against Liverpool inspired me to re-create the tactics of the most decorated manager in the world. Obviously, Berbatovs incredible peformance played a HUGE part in this thread aswell. But, below im going to discus Ferguson’s tactics, which have seemed to get the best out of Dimitar Berbatov since his £31mil transfer from Tottenham 2 years ago.

Berbatov..... Rooney

Giggs..... Scholes..... Fletcher..... Nani

Evra..... Vidic..... Evans..... O'Shea

v. Der Sar

Giggs plays ML and not AML because of his fading pace, which allows Evra, the wing back, the opportunity to overlap and help the attack. Whereas, Nani operates as a AMR and not a MR. His role is the same as the one Cristiano Ronaldo used to perform at Manchester United. However, he performs more crosses then shots, unlike his Portugese college Cristiano Ronaldo. Paul Scholes plays as a deeper lying midfield player and patrols the centre of the field, using his supreme passing skills to feed the attack. But to emulate it in FM2010, I have put him as an Advanced Playmaker with roaming. While Darren Fletcher runs from box-to-box to contribute greatly to both Manchester Uniteds attacking and defensive displays.

Player Instructions:

GK..... Edwin van der Sar..... Goalkeeper........................ Defend
DL..... Patrice Evra................ Wing Back........................ Auto
DC(l). Nemanja Vidić............ Centre Back....................... Defend
DC(r). Johny Evans.............. Centre Back....................... Defend
DR..... John O'Shea............... Full Back............................ Auto
MCl... Paul Scholes.............. Advanced Playmaker......... Support (with Roaming)
MCr... Darren Fletcher......... Central Midfielder............. Defend (with Roaming)
ML..... Ryan Giggs............... Wide Midfielder................ Support
AMR..... Nani........................... Inside Foward.................... Attack
FCl..... Berbatov.................... Trequarista........................ Attack
FCr..... Wayne Rooney........ Deep-Lying Foward..........Attack

Team Instructions:

Philosophy................ Rigid
Passing..................... Default
Creative Freedom..... More Expressive
Closing Down.......... Default
Tackling.................... Default
Marking.................... Man Marking
Crossing................... Drill Crosses
Roaming....................More Roaming

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed the thread... Post feedback if you have a different opinion or think that I have made a mistake in anything (ie a player role and duty)!

^^)

Last edited:
why dont you just upload so people can download?

How can you get an inside foward from the MR position ?
you just tweak the settings of the winger, though nani isnt an inside forward, he equally chooses between crossing and cutting inside

scholes isnt a deep lying playmaker defend in fm terms, if you want to replicate his role, set him to advanced playmaker support (with roaming) and fletcher central mid defend (roaming)

would berbatov really be a TQ in fm terms? i'd play him as an advanced forward...

trust me, in terms of the game its those two roles ive mentiomed previously. i will get you some screenshots promptly to back it up

trust me, in terms of the game its those two roles ive mentiomed previously. i will get you some screenshots promptly to back it up
Okay since your adamant that it is like that in FM terms ill change it... but in real life it is the way I have put it!

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

would berbatov really be a TQ in fm terms? i'd play him as an advanced forward...
Well, the description of TQ best describes the way Berbatov has been playing so far... but in terms of the game maybe Advanced Foward would work better?

Last edited:
Okay since your adamant that it is like that in FM terms ill change it... but in real life it is the way I have put it!

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

Well, the description of TQ best describes the way Berbatov has been playing so far... but in terms of the game maybe Advanced Foward would work better?
agreed, but the game doesnt always replicate it the same way. IRL i would definitely call him that. but to get the same peformance in game ive found he is advanced playmaker support,

madsheep, i'm interested on your thoughts about who you think United need to sign to strengthen?

Alright then, kool. Maybe in terms of the game. But I did say I was doing based on how they actually play... ill change it though since this is a forum about FM2010!
i understand that. but you wouldnt get the same results. i assuming you want to replicate the same style?

man utd need one player in each postiton

i understand that. but you wouldnt get the same results. i assuming you want to replicate the same style?
Yeah, definatley.

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

madsheep, i'm interested on your thoughts about who you think United need to sign to strengthen?
I know this question isnt directed at me, but I thought id give my opinion anyway. But I think Miguel Veloso would be a great signing, since Scholes wont have enough energy left in the tank after this season (I hope he does, but realistically he wont). And we will need a playmaker! Id rather Daniel De Rossi... but he'll be TOO expensive! I think Marten Steklenburg can replace Van Der Sar, hes already done a great job replacing him for the Netherlands. And to be honest I wouldnt mind us buying someone like Steven Pienaar... i think he could really add something to are midfield as he can play literally anywhere in the midfield!

I would say so watching him today as soon as man utd lose possession rooney tracks back but berbatov just move around like description that fm gives for a TQ

so is berbatovs position Advanced forward after todays display or Trequarista or advanced playmaker support?

Very interested in taking a look at this :)

Back