AS4

Reaction score
Well. I am almost done (Just finished March 2014) with the first season and I was wondering what transfers should I make?
As of now I have 27 million GBP left in the transfer budget and I am wondering who I should get..
Probably my budget for the second season will end up being something around 50-60ish(?) I am guessing.. Since I have won the league and Capital One.. in contention for UCL and FA..

So.. I need to reinforce two positions:
1. Striker - RvP is good but I think he is going to start wilting..
2. Centreback - An established one since I have Balanta, and Jones (who can develop) and because Vidic and Ferdinand are now past their peak..

Also, I might be able to do without a striker. so reinforcing defence is key here seeing as to how I play with 3 centrebacks..

Any ideas?

If it helps, a look at my squad:

GK: De Gea / Amos / Lindegaard
LB/RB: Rafael / Fabio / Santon / Evra
CB: Jones / Vidic / Ferdinand / Balanta / Smalling /
CM: Busquets / Carrick / Fellaini / Fabregas / Cleverley / Giggs
Wingers: Shaqiri / Draxler / Zaha
AMC: Kagawa / Ronaldinho
Strikers: RvP / Rooney / Welbeck

Thanks!

Okay so a small update..

Rooney has said he 'wants new challenges' and has been placed on the transfer list. So getting a striker is my top priority right now.. :|
Rooney you... -.-"

quick question how to you get that much players in the first season and still have 27M left?Striker look at Diego Costa, Michy Batshuayi, Werner, Fierro, Mitrovic, BarbosaCB: Nkoulou, Diego Reyes, Kurt Zouma (young but huge talent)

quick question how to you get that much players in the first season and still have 27M left?Striker look at Diego Costa, Michy Batshuayi, Werner, Fierro, Mitrovic, BarbosaCB: Nkoulou, Diego Reyes, Kurt Zouma (young but huge talent)

Helloo. What I do - and what has worked for me in this save particularly is that 1. For offloading players.. I usually offer them to teams that are interested in them for extortionate prices (Sold Hernandez and Young for 40 and 25 respectively)
2. While buying, I tend to keep on declaring interest and praising players I am targetting - unsettles them.. and they usually submit transfer requests when this is a prolonged thing..
But this save is a one off, in the sense that I have been much successful in this one in terms of transfers.

However, my net income (by player sales) has been 148 mil and what I have spent is 116 mil.. which explains the 27 i have left.. :)

Thanks. Will look into Michy and Mitrovic... Not gonna get Costa
And I am in talks with Zouma as of now :)

How is Cavani ? I need a good poacher (or even a good false 9).. to take over from RvP

try Angelo Henriquez, if he has high PA and game time he will be the best striker in the world in 2016

try Angelo Henriquez, if he has high PA and game time he will be the best striker in the world in 2016

I will I will. But I will need an established player, a striker who has already developed/at his peak or just about to reach his peak to also be in my team since Rooney will be moving after his silly transfer request and RvP will just bee too **** injured.

Couldve used Welbeck but I am going to use him in the AML position.. and he can partner Draxler and switch with him on the left flank...

So..
AN ESTABLISHED STRIKER.. I just have the CL final to play against Barca, and if I manage to win that I will complete a clean sweep... Probably would mean more funds..

Currently looking at Edinson Cavani as he is being linked with MUFC irl too. he could be great to lead the frontline..

My transfer budget for this season is ?101 million.

First season, completed the sweep - All five titles won.. So that should help in increasing my prestige if needed

First Quite honestly, I think that should be enough to strengthen the team where I need to.. I have the following on my list and might make moves for a few of them. Quite realistically, I can see any 3 of these coming to Old Trafford this season to play under me:

1. CB: Mats Hummels (he said he wasn't interested in playing for MUFC so unlikely), or Marquinhos, Zouma, Umtiti and Nkoulou
2. Midfielders: Lucas Moura, Toni Kroos, Javi Martinez, Gotze, Muller, Pastore and Thiago (Alacantara)
3. Strikers: Edinson Cavani, Mitrovic. Possible move for Torres as backup - contingent on me selling both RvP and Rooney... Rooney wants to leave. I dont wanna sell RvP but he is sinking in terms of ability and this might be the best time to get rid of him since he has just won World Player of the year and a bunch of other awards..
Just need to locate a complete forward who can take over..

Also, in the strike and defence departments, does anyone have any established names that I can make moves for? Established in the sense that already good enough for the first team...

Any ideas?

I'd ?101 isn't going to get you a mega top ST CM and CB id get mitrovic Zouma Thiago and hope you've got some left over for a top player!!

My transfer budget for this season is ?101 million.

First season, completed the sweep - All five titles won.. So that should help in increasing my prestige if needed

First Quite honestly, I think that should be enough to strengthen the team where I need to.. I have the following on my list and might make moves for a few of them. Quite realistically, I can see any 3 of these coming to Old Trafford this season to play under me:

1. CB: Mats Hummels (he said he wasn't interested in playing for MUFC so unlikely), or Marquinhos, Zouma, Umtiti and Nkoulou
2. Midfielders: Lucas Moura, Toni Kroos, Javi Martinez, Gotze, Muller, Pastore and Thiago (Alacantara)
3. Strikers: Edinson Cavani, Mitrovic. Possible move for Torres as backup - contingent on me selling both RvP and Rooney... Rooney wants to leave. I dont wanna sell RvP but he is sinking in terms of ability and this might be the best time to get rid of him since he has just won World Player of the year and a bunch of other awards..
Just need to locate a complete forward who can take over..

Also, in the strike and defence departments, does anyone have any established names that I can make moves for? Established in the sense that already good enough for the first team...

Any ideas?

Would love to see a screenshot of your tactic! I'm always annoyed at Hummels never wanting to come :/ but Zouma would be the best choice IMO. Is Toni Kroos interested? Never is for me. Cavani would be a fantastic signing

Benteke or Lukaku are CF and would be alot cheaper than Cavani

To avoid having Rooney complain, you can make him captain. I made him captain at the start of my save and I've had no problems.

Hey everyone! Thanks for the replies... just finished a few deals in the transfer window...

Haven't offloaded anyone yet, but bought two players

1. Edinson Cavani - Got him for 42 million GBP which was good considering he is at his peak and gave him a five year deal worth 145K a week - of this deal 40 million is to be paid in installments over 48 monts - additional 6 million once he plays 20 games for us.

2. Andre Schurrle - After chasing him last season, he finally became unsettled at Chelsea and requested a transfer.. and they had a tag of 6.5 million set on him. After quite some bargaining, got him for 5.3M pounds sterling.

So. I got one striker and one winger with this.. and still have 75 Mn GBP in my budget..

Looking to offload: Vidic, Evra, Carrick, Ferdinand, Lindegaard. Dont want to let RvP and rooney go but will have to.
So hopefully I will get a lot of money from the last two deals and that should help me spend well to get decent defenders. As of now, considering Marquinhos, Hummels (NOT GIVING UP ON HIM), Kompany and Zouma. perhaps Umtiti too. Will get 2 of them over. And with money left, going for a luxury purchase - possibly Gotze/Thiago/Kroos - Gotze and Kroos still uninterested..

Almost there!

Hey!
So concluding my transfers (Almost)

Signed two more players and sold one:
The two I signed are both midfielders:
1. Arturo Vidal: GBP 35M after I unsettled him and Juventus eventually got rid of him - also has a 50 percent sell on clause - which I dont think will matter much since he will be past his peak. (May rise up to 40M)
2. Leonardo Capezzi - GBP 1.4M from Fiorentina - So I found this gem of a CM in the Serie A and he is only 19. So he can be my partner with Nick Powell in the future (and will learn from Vidal) Good stuff.

I think these two were quite honestly excellent deals and Vidal at 35 is just amazing. He and Fabregas will destroy any opposition in the BPL supported by Busquets at DM.
Wanted to get Pogba too, but Juventus settled at finally 60M - maybe cus he signed a new bumper deal with them.. might get him after a few seasons though. He was really keen btw..

Only one outing has been confirmed. That of RvP to Barcelona for 50M pounds, which is just amazing tbh. And this gives me some more funds to strengthen one position I have neglected so far: Defence..

As of now my policy for defence seems to be:

1. Young defender: Zouma / Marquinhos (may get him mid season)
2. Class/Star defender: Pique / Thiago Silva / Kompany
Kompany is unlikely yes since he is from City.

However, as of now, I have Thiago Silva lined up for 34M and Pique for 40M. Which one should I go for?

Need atleast one of them as Vidic is in talks with Madrid and he will leave...

Would love to see a screenshot of your tactic! I'm always annoyed at Hummels never wanting to come :/ but Zouma would be the best choice IMO. Is Toni Kroos interested? Never is for me. Cavani would be a fantastic signing

Hey! Will upload the tactics screens in a few hours ! :)
Hummels and Kroos both are not interested and 'MUFC isnt a part of their career plans'
Got Cavani - and he scored 3 against Chelsea in a testimonial for Rio. :D

Benteke or Lukaku are CF and would be alot cheaper than Cavani

Yeah maybe they would but as I said I needed an amazing striker to take over from RvP. If I have budget left, will get either one of Benteke/Lukaku.. :)

To avoid having Rooney complain, you can make him captain. I made him captain at the start of my save and I've had no problems.

Thanks.. Will try that.. But tbf after his stupid antics I dont mind seeing him leave.. :p

Thanks.. Will try that.. But tbf after his stupid antics I dont mind seeing him leave.. :p
Maybe this will change your mind:

View attachment 370508

Those are his stats which are quite decent really. I was playing him in the AMC role :) I can show you his attributes too if you want to see, at the age of 32

Just to let people know about all the decisions I made for the transfer window..

My team looks like this, and the transfer window is almost over, no more money left. I spent all of it:

View attachment 369492

Ended up keeping Wayne Rooney.. couldn't bring myself to sell him :p
Some really big signings.. though my top targets, i.e. Kroos and Hummels still didn't sign, but doesn't matter now cus I think I have my team set for the next 5-10 years easy (considering my youth turnout is decent)

Probably will post again, once I need help in the third season :p

Thank you to everyone for the inputs! :)

Maybe this will change your mind:

View attachment 611024

Those are his stats which are quite decent really. I was playing him in the AMC role :) I can show you his attributes too if you want to see, at the age of 32

Tbf with you that screenshot made me keep him :) Looking to play him with Cavani :D
Thankyou :D

Also, next window going in for Javi Martinez..
Since a news just popped up that Martinez is tempted by Man Utd and would love a move :p