Manchester United's new Formation discussion/tactic thread

You going to do a tactic for the diamond formation....seems we are using that more now, i quite like it :)

thats right, fergie has been refering to the diamond midfield so basicly, United played a 4-1-2-1-2 with carrick as a deep laying playmaker, cleverly and kagawa in the center and Rooney just behing Wellbeck and Rvp. ofc, this tactic can transform into so many different tactics, like 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1 etc. but a nice 4-1-2-1-2, based on the united players would be fun..

I shall remake this into a diamond formation and see how it goes :) I have cheated on this United save (after the initial setup from the first page) was just messing around yesterday and added managers to get Ronaldo/Neymar/Hummels/Ozil/Iniesta etc :p) was actually quite surprised they all joined me :p

plus bought players like Ferdinand for £20m to Real and Hernandez £80m to Barca :p

so the results may be a bit one sided but will see how it goes :p

Please note: I never, ever do this, not since I was like 18 and was playing Cm3 and wanted to have fun!

found a kinda good tactic here : 4-1-2-1-2 – FM Crowd

Started off amazing, pre season went fantastic, beating bayern, hsv away and antwerp, america(mex), fiorentina and flamengo solidly at home! 1st league game was away too man city, i won 5-0!!! next game, away too norwich, won 3-0. then, i beat sunderland 1-0 at home, then a 2-2 draw against aston villa. Then it happens again, the biggest bullshit flaw in this game! Im not sure if it was the 2-2 draw with villa or if i said something wrong but the squad moral goes from superb too ok over the night and im never able to get it back up, and game over! I hate this fu+'#ng s"#t so much!!! I look at the players profiles to see what went wrong but no info there.

Anyway, i think this tactic has potential despite there are no individual player instructions or shout suggestions, one has to make one i guess, same with match prep etc.

I brought in Fellaini and Casemiro for the DM position, and Eriksen for the AP position. I played like thie : De Gea, Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic, Valencia, Fellaini, Scholes, Eriksen, Kagawa, Rooney Rvp! Try it out and see for yourself.