Mancini expects Chelsea title win

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini prepares for the visit of Chelsea by saying he expects them to "easily" retain their Premier League title this season.

More...

It's looking that was isn't it, they've had a great start to the season and they're confident. I can see them winning by around 7-10 points..

the only ever time i want City to win will be ths Saturday although im not holding out much hope.

We're only five games into the season and already Chelsea are tipped for the title.

It may be typical coming from a Manchester United fan but we've just cleared the first month and there are eight more to go, so saying that you expect Chelsea will 'easily' win the title when the new season has only just dawned is a bit to optimistic.

****, Manchester United, Liverpool and Blackpool could be relegated by the end of the season - we won't know until we are around Christmas.

That'll go down well in Manchester. (Two fold) I know he's trying to play mindgames and pile pressure onto Chelsea, but what are his players going to think going into the game, that they're going to get trampled on, and be nowhere near the top of the league come the end of the season (In fairness, they probably will, and probably won't be)

No Lampard and maybe a little bit of a drop in confidence (although I doubt it) after their defeat to Newcastle and the fact it's at City could all be factors in this. It's Chelsea's first real test of the season and they have some tough fixtures coming up so hopefully this will be the start of a bad run of form for Chelsea..

Also, City did the double over Chelsea last season, so I won't say they haven't got a hope. If they play well, they could very well beat Chelsea.

We can all hope anyway :)

IMO If chelsea win against arsenal, man city and man utd when ever they play they will win prem

mind games, obviously... anyway, i think city can win this game, it wont be easy though...

We're only five games into the season and already Chelsea are tipped for the title.

It may be typical coming from a Manchester United fan but we've just cleared the first month and there are eight more to go, so saying that you expect Chelsea will 'easily' win the title when the new season has only just dawned is a bit to optimistic.

****, Manchester United, Liverpool and Blackpool could be relegated by the end of the season - we won't know until we are around Christmas.
Chelsea are 'tipped for it' before the season started, and have the best squad in the league, probably. So yeah, I expect them to win.

Mancini is basically saying City can't win it, not sure the City board will be too happy about that.

To be honest I think he is right. Chelsea have the strongest squad because most of them have played together for a while now and the start they have had to the season proves that they are the favourites. I dont think that it is mind games at all. Personally, as a City fan, of course I want City to win the league, and everything else. But it is going to take time to build a team, which is why this season I would be happy with top 3, probably third behind Chelsea and United. I'm sure that most of you will write us of completely, and most of you probably want us to fail but as a City fan I am prepared to give Mancini time, aslong as we can get top 3 this season, it is an improvement on last year, and then next year when the squad will have been together for a bit and will have gelled, we can challenge for the Premier League title.

I think City will finish either 4th or 5th this season, they don't look good enough to be ahead of Arsenal. A great win against Liverpool for them though, which will boost their confidence massively!

This isen't mind games and Carlo even said that in his press conference. He said '' i know Mancini very well we are good friends and its definatly not mind games''. I honestly think he is just saying what he thinks and what most people think. I do though think its abit strange to say it because they are ment to be going for the title aswell so maybe he is conceding he dosen't think this year will be there year.

It's between Chelsea and United. I'd like to think otherwise, but in reality that's what it would be. Chelsea, keeping momentum from last season's exquisite goal difference, will be so, so tough to beat, be it Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Tottenham... I'd prefer United beat Chelsea to the league, though.

Never thought I'd say that. I want Arsenal to win the league :$

No Lampard and maybe a little bit of a drop in confidence (although I doubt it) after their defeat to Newcastle and the fact it's at City could all be factors in this. It's Chelsea's first real test of the season and they have some tough fixtures coming up so hopefully this will be the start of a bad run of form for Chelsea..

Also, City did the double over Chelsea last season, so I won't say they haven't got a hope. If they play well, they could very well beat Chelsea.

We can all hope anyway :)

out of our starting 11 only Anelka, Alex and Ramires played on Wednesday. I don't think the likes of Drogba and Malouda will have any loss of confidence.

out of our starting 11 only Anelka, Alex and Ramires played on Wednesday. I don't think the likes of Drogba and Malouda will have any loss of confidence.

Anelka didnt start and when he came on he changed the game so doubt he would of lost confidence

Anelka didnt start and when he came on he changed the game so doubt he would of lost confidence

i never said he started, i honestly think Chelsea took alot of positives out of that game on Wednesday. And also Nico is playing against his former side so im pretty sure he will be totaly fired up for this. expect JT to get a little abuse tomorrow.

i never said he started, i honestly think Chelsea took alot of positives out of that game on Wednesday. And also Nico is playing against his former side so im pretty sure he will be totaly fired up for this. expect JT to get a little abuse tomorrow.

My bad mate didnt read properly its too late haha.

Back