Mancini plans to stay at Man City

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 921

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Roberto Mancini insists he will still be Manchester City manager next season despite failing to lead the club into the Champions League.

More...

a **** in the top 4, unlucky mate.

You could always take Ian Dowie, i think he be going spare by monday.

If City are not challenging by next December he will be gone.

he will be gone by may the 10th i think

has been no improvement from hughes. but teams need more faith in managers i say give him untill next january.

what has he done that sparky didnt?

it is a total contradiction of the owners values and decisions if he stays!

what has he done that sparky didnt?

it is a total contradiction of the owners values and decisions if he stays!

Exactly. Mancini is a lot more cautious than Hughes and in the end it hasn't got them anywhere. Hughes should have stayed. Most of the players dislike Mancini's training schedules aswell.

You have to question whether Man City would want to keep Mancini though. I always thought they should of kept Sven, he would of been ideal to lead them to CL with the new owners. They should really go all out and try and appoint Hiddink after the World Cup though.

City have really got to understand that money cannot buy everything.Chelsea's story is fairly different,in which Ambramovich took real interest into Chelsea and built them up to be what they are now.Manchester City have only done it recently,with some of the world's richest men wanting the world's best players - they want 'instant success'.

Mark Hughes was a good manager and yes,they may of lost faith in him when he didn't start winning games he should of done but every manager goes through a rough patch,and then they begin their resurgence.Mancini was only brought in to bring Champions League football.He's failed that.If he cannot get City into the top four by Christmas time next season,he can find himself on a plane back to Italy.

He will be sacked in my opinion. I reckon City will already be looking for a new manager.

I'm a good Manager. Proved so many times with many clubs. Can i apply (H)

Its only a 6 month placement mate... worth it? :P

Please, keep changing managers and you'll never do ****.

Couldn't care less about Manchester City to be honest but i think Mancini deserves to stay and be given a full season next year.

Mancini will be given 3 months to prove himself.

Can't see him staying longer than that.

I think he'll be gone in the summer, and if not, then definitely in January.

To be fair, I don't seem him getting into any top tier team at the moment if he did find himself unemployed.

Back