Mancini reveals his plans for the upcoming season!

• Thread starter Thread starter Alcaraz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 834
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alcaraz

Reaction score
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has confirmed that the deal to bring in Aston Villa midfielder James Milner will be completed by next week.

The Citizens have led a public chase of the England international, who has been widely expected to join the ranks at Eastlands prior to the closure of the transfer window.

Now the Italian has confirmed that the deal for Milner be completed soon, with the imminent arrival of Inter forward Mario Balotelli.

"We must be patient for this[the Milner deal]," Mancini said at a press conference on Friday. "We will see after Tottenham game. It will be next week on this, probably."

Concerning the transfer of the Inter forward, he said: "We hope tomorrow it [the Balotelli signing] will be finished. Today or tomorrow."

The former Lazio boss also rubbished suggestions that the club could be headed towards a megamoney deal to bring in Barcelona striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

There had previously been some speculation that the Eastlands club could offer the Swede astronomical wages to lure him to Manchester, but the manager confirmed that City will not be bringing in any futher players following the acquisitions of Milner and Balotelli.

"No, I have many players," he said. "At this moment only these two players, Mario, James, probably next week, and after this, [the transfer spending is] finished, after these two players."

Out-of-favour midfielder Stephen Ireland has been heavily tipped to make a move to Villa Park, as his future at City has gone dry following a purple patch under former boss Mark Hughes.

And the gaffer concedes that the situation must be resolved so that all parties walk away happy.

"I think a deal must be done in a good way for everybody," he said. "I don't know [about a pay-off agreement]. I think we will need two or three days for this."

In the meantime, Mancini has also explicitly stated that Welshman Craig Bellamy is no longer a part of his plans for the future of the club.

"I have to choose 25," he said. "The rest must find another team. Craig is out of the list."

There had also been heavy speculation surrounding the future of striker Robinho, who was packed away on-loan to Santos last season.

Mancini has conceded that the Brazilian still remains a part of his plans, and has included him in the club's 25-member list.

"He came back yesterday, he is very tired but he is on the list," said the City boss. "He is very tired this morning because he played in World Cup and played for his club. I talk with him and we decide he must recover because he is very tired."

In the meantime, goalkeeper Joe Hart's groundbreaking season at Birmingham City that caused him to break into the England squad has given first-choice shot-stopper some serious competition for the No 1 spot at the club.

The 45-year-old admitted that he is still unsure as to who will be the first-choice during the upcoming season, but maintained that neither player would be leaving the club irrespective of which way his decision goes.

"We have two fantastic goalkeepers," said Mancini. "One will play and the other must be on the bench. I have one day more to decide, but for me it will be difficult because they are two big goalkeepers.

"I saw Shay yesterday. I will see Joe today. After training I will decide."

When quizzed as to whether one of them may chose to leave the club when he picks his No 1, Mancini said: "I hope not. I hope not because we need two good goalkeepers

Source-----http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/engla...ncini-balotelli-milner-in-bellamy-ireland-out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back