• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 631

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini takes full responsibilty for their 3-0 Premier League defeat at Liverpool.

More...

I wander whether he will still be in charge at the start of the 2011/12 season. Most chairmans would of sacked him by now, and after a performance like yesterday, it would be interested to see what the chairman thinks

He looked resigned to his fate in his post match conference yesterday.

I think the term ''dead man walking'' springs to mind.

An impressive performance last night from 'pool , City were rather ****,
Im now beginning to think about possible managers who will replace him next season, not sure he will be given the sack , only time will tell.... oO)

I like to see a much more attacking manager in charge of City, the players they have got with the finances available they should be able to play great football week in week out and score lots of goals.

He looked resigned to his fate in his post match conference yesterday.

I think the term ''dead man walking'' springs to mind.

Maybe...it would be a complete disaster or then a complete success if he was sacked.

We will probly spend shitloads again this summer. Doesn't matter were we finish. They want the team improve and all **** players will be sold and the team is probly going to be built around the key players.

Left-back is a must because Kolarov is **** tbh. Back-up at best. Attacking football please..not Mancinis boring tactics!

Maybe...it would be a complete disaster or then a complete success if he was sacked.

We will probly spend shitloads again this summer. Doesn't matter were we finish. They want the team improve and all **** players will be sold and the team is probly going to be built around the key players.

Left-back is a must because Kolarov is **** tbh. Back-up at best. Attacking football please..not Mancinis boring tactics!

The problem is that Tevez and Silva are your only players that ever look like creating something. Without either of them you frequently look lost.

Another season of buying? You need them to start playing as a team, and for each other. The 11 best players in the world do not make the best team in the world, as the saying goes.

But yes, Mancini's not a very good manager really. Imagine him sacked sometime in the next 4/5 months, replacements...Hiddink? Mourinho, everyone knows how much he loves the moneys. Van Gaal?

in what world are you going to spend shitloads of money? You forgetting that your transfer spend now comes into scrutiny this summer

Well, at least Mancini owned up. How come the players haven't apologised yet (bar the ones who actually made an effort)? Or is that too much of an effort for them aswell

Well, at least Mancini owned up. How come the players haven't apologised yet (bar the ones who actually made an effort)? Or is that too much of an effort for them aswell

mancini is carrying the can for his players' failing, especially those he has shown great faith in, like balotelli

mancini is carrying the can for his players' failing, especially those he has shown great faith in, like balotelli

Which I think stinks tbh. Least he had the balls to admit he screwed up. Mancini will be better off elsewhere, a bigger club. I know he's had his critics, and in some cases justifiably so, but when it's now obvious you're in charge of a squad, that has players that simply cannot be bothered to play/try to play for the manager (with obvious exceptions), well I'd have gone a while back. Sometimes managers take too much flack and let the players get away with blue murder. I can see why he does it, but still. When the players disrespect a manager/club/the fans the way they did last night, they don't deserve to be playing at a top level of football. It's time the players lost that extra blanket of security.

Which I think stinks tbh. Least he had the balls to admit he screwed up. Mancini will be better off elsewhere, a bigger club. I know he's had his critics, and in some cases justifiably so, but when it's now obvious you're in charge of a squad, that has players that simply cannot be bothered to play/try to play for the manager (with obvious exceptions), well I'd have gone a while back. Sometimes managers take too much flack and let the players get away with blue murder. I can see why he does it, but still. When the players disrespect a manager/club/the fans the way they did last night, they don't deserve to be playing at a top level of football. It's time the players lost that extra blanket of security.

too much of a gentleman, needs to turn fire on his players. He will leave at the end of the season imo

too much of a gentleman, needs to turn fire on his players. He will leave at the end of the season imo

He is like. Thats why I started to warm to him a bit more. But at same time, he infuriates sometimes, he can't be touch feely with players all the time, and worry about damaging their god-like egos. And like you said, I don't think he'll be there. Shame really.

in what world are you going to spend shitloads of money? You forgetting that your transfer spend now comes into scrutiny this summer

Belive me..City will spend ;) I meant that if another manager comes he might have an completly different style. The manager who replaces Mancini (fi he even gets sacked) should be a manager who can get the best out of the current players. Not to get rid of all like Mancini did with Hughes signings.

Last edited:
Back