Mariga vs. Defour

• Thread starter Thread starter iDood
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 4K

iDood

Reaction score
I play a diamond midfield, with a DMC, two MCs and an AMC, managing Crystal Palace, starting my fourth season. At the moment, my midfield is Sandro, Ramires, Neil Danns, and Victor Moses, and I know I need a new MC and possibly AMC, and having scouted both McDonald Mariga and Steven Defour, I do not know which to choose, as they will both come for pretty much the same price, although Defour wants £20k higher wages.

I'm open to other suggestions, if anyone has them. :)

Thank you!

Look at albin ekdal and alexandre coeff and marco verratti and clement grenier

Mariga is much better, signed him with wolves and his average rating was over 7.4, amazing player

I wouldnt get either, heres some cheap MCs but good as well:

Antony Annan (Rosenborg) = 4mil

Sandro (Internaciol [sp]) = 7.5mil

thats what i paid for them and they dont ask for big wages

Mcdonald Mariga is quality, haven't had Defour on 2010 though.

I wouldnt get either, heres some cheap MCs but good as well:

Antony Annan (Rosenborg) = 4mil

Sandro (Internaciol [sp]) = 7.5mil

thats what i paid for them and they dont ask for big wages
If you'd read his post he's already got Sandro.

Right, I haven't made a decision yet, but what I have also realised is that Sandro has a 'slight concern' because he hasn't settled in well. Is there a way I could resolve this or would I be best to sell him and buy both Mariga and Defour?

Tried to get Defour a few times, thought i'd get him for less than 10M what with him being in Belgium, they wanted 18M.:/

Right, I haven't made a decision yet, but what I have also realised is that Sandro has a 'slight concern' because he hasn't settled in well. Is there a way I could resolve this or would I be best to sell him and buy both Mariga and Defour?

I seem to be getting that alot recently with my players mate, id send him on holiday for a month and see if that works for you, it helped with a couple of players for me. Who knows might just take time for him to settle in so give it til the next season before you sell him

With the choice between Marig and Defour, I haven't used Mariga much but I've had experience with Defour and I have to say he's quite good as a midfielder who can do a little bit of everything, he would be a good buy if you can afford him but like I've said I haven't used Mariga

Mariga i have found gets into the box more, i have experienced both, had mariga with man city, he pushed barry out of the team

I would say Mariga is more physical and hence more defensive
But Defour can operate on both fronts, defensive or attacking plus defour has all the qualities of a future captain.
Defour ftw

Buy Marco Veratti, he will be the best midfielder in the world trust me. Just look at these stats(in swedish sry).

there are a lot better Cm than those two mate, what position do you want to play them in and what exact role are you looking to play them as? do you need a DM - Anchor Man or a DM - Deep lying playmaker etc etc :D

I've tried Verratti season after season, he's still at Pescara and he apparently doesn't want to sign. :( I ended up buying Mariga, and this season Ramires seems to have come into his own. Looking at Buonanotte as an attacking mid, or maybe Ozil for next season unless anyone has other suggestions?

And Raikan, my two centre mids are both sort of attacking players, although I wouldn't mind someone who can do both. I'm looking at top five this season so I should be able to attract some fairly good players too, who do you have in mind?

Back