Match Engine(Full Game)

• Thread starter Thread starter J Jermyn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2K

J Jermyn

Reaction score
I think its pretty much the same as the Beta, still stupid goalkeeping and defending mistakes. Ohh well theres always only commentary.

Im trying to decide if it is the match engine or my team being very inconsistent...
I started as Cordoba in Liga Adelante they have reasonably solid team I feel I should be doing better but then again may be its my fault...
I mean at home I play control or attack Iv played nothing but the bad teams but have failed to win all but one home game... Now lets flip this Iv won nearly every away game playing counter against mostly top teams like Almeria/Villareal...

Playing down the flanks still feels over powered but my strikers take the **** so it doesnt matter... There are still issues with the engine but to what extent it affects things Im not sure...
Beta was unplayable this is bearable ;)

For me it seems that the ME itself is inconsistent. I've had a good amount of matches where most issues have been fine, although there has been some keeper f-ups, some quite out of the ordinary. But then suddenly I can have a match or two where everything goes wrong, and I'm not talking about that match where the odds go against you etc. but the match where everything that can bug does; keeper taking a freekick outside the box, sending it straight to an opponent who can score on open goal, defenders seemingly jumping over my own support passes and then the opposition striker can pick it up, keeper conceding long shots and everything that comes straight at him and the worst is - up front for my team, I can have 6+ CCCs but simply can't score. Even had Demba Ba, in one of these matches, sky a shot from 2 meters in front of open goal - that happens sometimes of course but all this, in one match?

I'm sure SI will fix this pretty soon though, everyone is hopefully reporting it. I just find all this weird, since it seems that the ME hasn't undergone enough thorough testing, which seems very unlikely but still seems to be the case in FM13 atm.

For me it seems that the ME itself is inconsistent. I've had a good amount of matches where most issues have been fine, although there has been some keeper f-ups, some quite out of the ordinary. But then suddenly I can have a match or two where everything goes wrong, and I'm not talking about that match where the odds go against you etc. but the match where everything that can bug does; keeper taking a freekick outside the box, sending it straight to an opponent who can score on open goal, defenders seemingly jumping over my own support passes and then the opposition striker can pick it up, keeper conceding long shots and everything that comes straight at him and the worst is - up front for my team, I can have 6+ CCCs but simply can't score. Even had Demba Ba, in one of these matches, sky a shot from 2 meters in front of open goal - that happens sometimes of course but all this, in one match?

I'm sure SI will fix this pretty soon though, everyone is hopefully reporting it. I just find all this weird, since it seems that the ME hasn't undergone enough thorough testing, which seems very unlikely but still seems to be the case in FM13 atm.

Inconsistency for sure. I can't fathom how you just have to adapt your tactics to your opponent's every single time you face one another, and worst of all: it has to match. If you play a 4-2-3-1 with two defensive mids against a 4-2-3-1 with 3 AMCs you'll be massacred; but going with a 4-4-1-1 or a 4-1-4-1 goes well with it. And in real life, teams use mostly two or three formations. Having to figure out how to beat the game can be fun, but we were asking for reality, and not for fullbacks trying to avoid goals by standing around the opponent.

In real life, teams mostly uses 1 formations and change marking, defending and pressing, they change to other occasionally, when they need better defence, have lots of injuries or play against a very weak opponent.

Last edited:
Back