Match Engine Smoothness Drop When in Full Screen or When Cursor Is Moved on MacBook Pro?

FM-Lee

Reaction score
Recently on my MacBook Pro M1 Max, I’ve noticed the match engine on FM23 and FM24 Demo has started playing up and misbehaving. It runs fine in windowed mode, but when I put it full screen, there’s a slight, but noticeable stutter. I’ve noticed it goes back to playing fine when I change the scaling in the game to 95%…until I move the cursor and it goes back to stuttering again.

Any ideas what this could be at all? And more importantly, any ideas on how to fix it? As I haven’t been enjoying FM due to it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I have got a video, however, it won’t allow me to send it on here unfortunately.

Thanks!

Last edited:
It's very weird: do you have the latest version of MacOS (Sonoma 14.5)?
Did you notice if, when on full screen, the system runs in "game mode" and when in windowed it doesn't?

Thank you very much for getting back to me.

I’m up to date with Mac updates, I kept checking hoping there’d be a new one to solve it.

Yes, Game Mode is optimised when in full screen. I believe I turned it off and checked and saw no improvement. I’ve always played around with the refresh rates on the Mac settings and display settings and it still remains the same.

Perfect in windowed mode, and perfect when I change the scaling on FM…until I move the cursor and there’s a noticeable shift for the worse.

I never really played it in "full screen"-only mode, but just in the "windowed-windowless" mode that is the "spaces" or "docks" or "various desktops" (I don't remember the full name) that MacOS has as a native feature...

Did you try to report it as a bug here?

Do you have any custom graphics installed?