• Thread starter Thread starter haken
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.

haken

Reaction score
No, this is no 'rant' post, although I do have some rants.

Before I'll actually explain what's this about - I cheat, as in, I reload my game when things aren't going my way, but only when it's due to the many match engine bugs and insane amount of injuries I'm constantly being plagued with. I do have a few losses though, which I didn't reload when they occured. Just for the record, I'm annoyed just as much when these match engine bugs and too many injuries occur to the opposition as well, although I'm not reloading it when it happens as it'll mean I'd never be able to progress with the game.

I was playing a friendly pre-season match and lost 3 players due to injuries, all of which, are important first team players. They were all injured for more than a month, on a friendly. Now, I always had the feeling that games are rigged. I read on forums on people ranting over the match engine, which "wants" them to lose or to concede ridiculous goals (and justifyingly so if I might add), but other people would bash them, calling them a "poor player". So, I reloaded the game and went on that friendly again. Thing is, the game repeated itself until I did something differently from last time. The match engine produced the same chances, same goals, same injuries, same everything, on the exact same minute of the game it happened before I reloaded. I felt like Bill Murray on Groundhog Day. I knew exactly what's going to happen.

Seems to me that sometimes (and by sometimes, I mean more than often), the game is all about pure luck and has nothing to do with managing.

Whatever the reason for things happening in your match, matches aren't rigged. The ME cannot even tell human from AI.

Just think about it for 2 seconds. Why would SI intentionally rig matches to **** off their customers? It's ridiculous to even think that.

Every time you reload, you're playing a different game. You cannot compare the game you played before you cheated. It doesn't exist. Some factors are not going to change of course and will be set, even before kick-off. **** weather/pitch can influence you to have more injuries. Player motivation/complacency (outside of your team talk, obviously) will be already in place. A player's tired/jadedness as well.

Pre-season players are more likely to pick up knocks, so you need to manage them. They're not match fit yet.

TL;DR? Matches aren't rigged.

I don't think you've read everything I said. I said the AI will sometimes concede ridiculous goals and get 3 or even 4 of their players injured in a single match as well. The matches sometimes do seem rigged, but they're not biased towards one side all the time. Sometimes I'm the one who's benefiting from the poor match engine.

I just told you I wasn't playing a different match. I was playing the exact same match before I cheated. Same goals by the same players at the same minute. Same injuries for similar periods of time as well. Everything was the same until I did something differently from before, Just like Groundhog Day. You can choose whether to believe me or not, but said specific match seemed, well... rigged.

Players are prone to injuries when their match fitness is low, but they're also playing lighter during friendlies, hence, they're not supposed to get themselves injured by themselves or by opposition players so often, who are also playing lighter than usual.

I don't think you've read everything I said. I said the AI will sometimes concede ridiculous goals and get 3 or even 4 of their players injured in a single match as well. The matches sometimes do seem rigged, but they're not biased towards one side all the time. Sometimes I'm the one who's benefiting from the poor match engine.

I just told you I wasn't playing a different match. I was playing the exact same match before I cheated. Same goals by the same players at the same minute. Same injuries for similar periods of time as well. Everything was the same until I did something differently from before, Just like Groundhog Day. You can choose whether to believe me or not, but said specific match seemed, well... rigged.

Players are prone to injuries when their match fitness is low, but they're also playing lighter during friendlies, hence, they're not supposed to get themselves injured by themselves or by opposition players so often, who are also playing lighter than usual.

Really?

And you've read nothing of what I said.

It's not rigged AT ALL. Not sometimes. Not 1 in 100000. Not at all. There's nothing artificial going on.

It's NOT the same game. You're replaying the same fixture, yes. I know that. It's still not the same match. No match will be the same, even if you quit and replay that same fixture 1000 times.

The opposition will be playing 'lighter'. You won't necessarily. High closing down, getting stuck in, injury proneness combined with the low match fitness (and accelerated worsening of their condition) will mean they're prone to pick up injuries easier than 'normal'.

Last edited:
As stated above, matches are not rigged at all. It may seem it when you get so frustrated with bad luck etc. I play a ****tonne of ranked Hearthstone, and I've lost because of incredibly bad luck, and I often get extremely salty and think it's rigged but it's absolutely not.

FM 2015 is in the same category. Not rigged at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back