Matches still ending exactly after stoppage time

OBigO

Reaction score
Really enjoying the new game although my players hate me! One problem I have is that matches end exactly after the stoppage time even if you are right by their box. This doesn't happen in real life does it? I thought you get to finish your attack before the final whistle is blown no?

Depends if you're actually moving towards their goal with intent, or just probing the area around the box. I've seen referees blow the whistle when teams are on the attack too though.

There is no law for it, the extra time rules are "at least 'x-amount of minutes' must be played after regular time" and after that, it's completely at the ref's discretion. They may let an attack finish but they could juts as well toss a coin and let that decide.

Can't remember seeing a game where you're about to cross from past oppositions box and whistle is blown...

It as happened in Portugal, playing inside the box and the referee ended the game. It was quite a mess, since it was 0-0, but they had pass the extra time 2 minutes.

It as happened also with corners.