Matt Murray - The Midlands Job

SGProductions

Reaction score
View attachment 294470Solbakken appointment cancelled
Stale Solbakken will not be taking up the Wolves job on July 1 due to a spat with the board. There were rumored arguments about transfer money and Solbakken already sacking staff like Terry Connor. The board have released a statemen
"Wolverhampton Wanderers can confirm the contract of Stale Solbakken will not begin and it has been cancelled with immediate effect. We believed he shared our intentions but in June had staff replaced and demanded more transfer money due to a significant loss in staff compensation. Terry Connor has left the club and is currently working with Ipswich Town and Paul Jewell and we wish him the best. We wish Solbakken the best in his future endeavors and this time we will find the man who will get us promoted and shares our passion for the club.
MORE TO FOLLOW

View attachment 294471Matt Murray appointed Wolves manager
Matt Murray has been appointed Wolves manager on an one year contract. Murray joined Wolves when he was 9 in 1990 and spent his entire playing career at the club with the exception of four loan moves or short periods. Murray was forced to retire in 2009 due to a knee injury but remained with the club as an ambassador. Murray has released a statement saying;
"It's absolutely fantastic to be the Wolves manager. I have been here for 20 years including my ambassador time and it has been amazing. I'm so happy to be in charge and I promise the fans I will get the club promoted because you all deserve it and if i'm still here I will avoid relegation and over the years finish higher every season. I'm ready"

Back