MattB's Vertical Tika Taka 4-1-4-1

LtMatt

Reaction score
I'm sharing my tactic that I have been using to overachieve with Alta in the Norwegian leagues. I have been doing a youth team challenge relying only on Youth players and I have managed to reach the top division and am currently massively overachieving when most of my squad are not even league 1 standard players.

The tactic looks to build up possession from the back, slowly and patiently waiting for an opening. This will typically come through the middle via a defence splitting pass for a 1 on 1, or down one of the flanks from a low cross into the penalty box or a cut back to one of two attacking midfielders.

I do not use any opposition instructions. I do not use any individual player instructions.

You need defenders with decent concentration and (reasonable) composure stats to successfully play out from the back.

The half back is there to recycle possession to players further up the pitch and help out the center backs defensively.

The tactic should be quite solid defensively. Would love to see how it works for other players of FM2022.

Pictures and tactic attached

Video of the tactic in action:

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    556.6 KB · Views: 527
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    719 KB · Views: 550
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    563.7 KB · Views: 246