Maximising the potential of an AMC?

• Thread starter Thread starter azamat
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 3K

azamat

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone ever had an AMC which performs consistently in their team? I've always tried to put my Gotze or Dzagoev in the AMC for my 4-2-3-1. Unfortunately, they have never been able to perform consistently. I've had better luck putting them as a playmaker from the wide positions which cuts inside and create. I've always wondered how to make a player a constant threat from the middle though. Everytime I put them as a the AMC, they always struggle to dribble or hold the ball due to the large numbers of opposing defenders and anchormen stationed there. Can't a number 10 work in FM? Is it really better to put them as a central midfielder who bursts to the hole during offense? Does anyone has any idea for a tactic which can accommodate an AMC?

Last edited:
It will depend heavuly on your style of play. How do you play ?

Here is one example of one style that may cause him to get low ratings
If you play very narrow and using a high pressing game, its very likely that this AMC simply wont have enough space to use. When yhou win the ball high up in the field, the opponent is crowding his part of the pitch and if you play narrow, the rest of the team will look to play more close to him. PLayers in the wide pisitions will then have much more space to move into, using roaming and move into channels whilst the AMC is just stuck in the middle.

Although this player might actually have a really good game, actging like a link player, he will not get high ratings ubless he scores or makes assists. IN one of my saves, my AMC is responsible for sooo many goals, setting up attacks but as he mostly provides the " 2nd assist", he gets lower ratings.

I would say it depends on the skills that your number 10 has. I play a 4-1-2-1-2 and struggled to create a decent AMC role for a while.

I wanted my AMC to stay in position behind 2 strikers so I gave him 15 (or 16 possibly) mentality and run from deep - Rarely, Run with ball - sometimes and Throughballs - Often all the other attacking instructions I set to rarely and he seems to find space at least within the 4-1-2-1-2 system.

For a 4-2-3-1 formation I would keep it simple and set the attacking instructions to rarely bar Run with ball and throughballs which I would set as sometimes (of course if you want him to keep hold of the ball more you could set run with ball - often or if he is really creative and is good at passing you could raise throughballs to Often).

TheBetterHalf, you were absolutely right, I played my game narrow with a high pressing game, limiting the space of my AMC in the process...
How do you free up space for this AMC then? By playing wider and pressing less???

TheBetterHalf, you were absolutely right, I played my game narrow with a high pressing game, limiting the space of my AMC in the process...
How do you free up space for this AMC then? By playing wider and pressing less???

You either adapt your game to suit him and l´give him better ratings...or if the current approach gets you points, walk care free about it as its only ratings. You could also use him as a player that roams. Free role and high mentality + runs from deep often

i play wide with two amcs. i set them to man mark sidebacks which pushes them wide and they cut in when we regain possession. its great

i play wide with two amcs. i set them to man mark sidebacks which pushes them wide and they cut in when we regain possession. its great

Its a good tip but as the OP is using AMR/L´s to, its not something that he can benefit from doing

You also can try setting your MCs run from deep to rarely. That way the AMC has more space to act and more options to pass. It's great for posession/defence football but you may sacrifice your MCs attacking potential

Back