• Thread starter Thread starter grco
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 6K
Status
Not open for further replies.

grco

Reaction score
So I'm with Real Madrid, I have like 2.3m for player wages, I spend only 1.5m, so I got like 800000 left. The board is very pleased that I keep tight control of the wages, BUT they are also concerned, if I am attracting the best players in the world, meaning "you got the money, so sign someone expensive".
Then I go and try to sign Messi, but he's making 275000 a week in Barca, and my board allows me only 220000 max for key players, so I cannot sign him. The problem is I cannot request an increase to the key player limit, just the whole wages budget, which I have enough. So I have a lot of money, the board wants me to sign the best players in the world, but I still can't.

And the next funny thing is that after I won every possible title/competition I could for the last 2 seasons, without losing to Barca, ever, and including beating them in the Spanish Cup 1/4 final 6:1 on aggregate, stupid Messi still thinks Real is an inferior team (in his own words, after I said I will do everything to sign him). :)

Sometimes I don't understand this game.

You need to transfer more money from your transfers budget to the wage budget. Simples.

Additionally, Barca's Real Madrid's favourite. Messi's got Barca as his favoured club.

You didn't get it. I have transfer budget 150 mil, wage budget 2.3 mil, spending 1.5 mil, so I have 800 000 wage budget left. Messi wants 300 000 for example, so I have enough wage budget for two Messis. But when offering the contract to him, he wants 300 000, but the board allows only 220 000 maximum for 1 player. Even though I have 800 000 left, I can't give a single player more than 220 000.

i think that is something that can only be changed in the editor or using FMRTE mate, no matter how much cash you have left in your wage budget your club will only allow you a certain amount for wages, nothing more even though you can afford it! when this happens, i normally offer the player the highest signing on fee that I can (seeing though you have the money and you will get it back in the 1st week after shirt sales anyway)

Give him a higher appearance fee and goal bonus, also throw in a high signing on fee, make it so he'll average the same package he's getting in Barca.

So say, he's getting 275K + 50 K Appearance + 25K Goal Bonus, that's 18.2 Million annual, assuming he's scoring 52 goals per season.

You can offer him, 220K + 75K + 25K + 5 Million signing on, he'll be averaging a higher package.

Just an idea that I do to get some of my players to re-sign for me.

You didn't get it. I have transfer budget 150 mil, wage budget 2.3 mil, spending 1.5 mil, so I have 800 000 wage budget left. Messi wants 300 000 for example, so I have enough wage budget for two Messis. But when offering the contract to him, he wants 300 000, but the board allows only 220 000 maximum for 1 player. Even though I have 800 000 left, I can't give a single player more than 220 000.

No; the higher your wage budget the more the board allows you to offer him.

I gave him everything on maximum I could, even 25% yearly wage rise, he still doesn't want to join. I no longer care about him. I will keep beating his team with my "inferior" team, so he never wins anything. Little *******. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back