• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 397

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Steve McClaren reveals Aston Villa cancelled a meeting set up to discuss their managerial vacancy before he was appointed as Nottingham Forest's new boss.

More...

Just shows how this whole McLeish thing is so hypocritical & baffling.

Say what you like about Al-Qaeda, but they've appointed a new manager before Aston Villa...

Looking back to when Hodgson was appointed as our manager, I couldn't figure out whether the scariest thing would be that there'd be no money to spend, or that there was and Hodgson would be the man to spend it. Similar feelings to that Godcubed?

Last edited:
This is why I don't get McLeish signing. 'Fan power' urged Lerner to not meet McLaren, yet he goes for McLeish, manager of their biggest rivals..

Does not make sense.

Looking back to when Hodgson was appointed as our manager, I couldn't figure out whether the scariest thing would be that there'd be no money to spend, or that there was and Hodgson would be the man to spend it. Similar feelings to that Godcubed?

Haha. Something like that.

It's a big mystery, and a big big risk. Choosing McLeish is the most controversial thing Lerner could've done. The fans are ******, PROPERLY ******, to the point of returning their season tickets and not buying shirts. Lerner's done amazing things for our club and only a fool would want him out, but there have already been whispers of that, stupidly.

McLeish has truly huge balls to take on this job (Huge, ginger balls). He knows he has to hit the ground running and AT LEAST equal 9th place, otherwise his Villa career will be over right away. He'll only be a couple of games away from the sack at all times one imagines. Dunno how he'll set up, but after Houllier's pleasing aesthetics (disregarding the results, because thats what fans do) it'll seem like a step down. A big, big job for McLeish. I hope he does well, but I remain ambivalent for the time being. He's obviously a decent manager, and he knows how to organise a defence. Hopefully he adapts.

This is why I don't get McLeish signing. 'Fan power' urged Lerner to not meet McLaren, yet he goes for McLeish, manager of their biggest rivals..

Does not make sense.

Turned out to be a lie, Randy just didn't want McClaren after all that.

Lol, I hope Steveo turns forest back into the club they once where, just to spite the **** out of the Villa fans who moaned about him.

Forest are my tip for promotion.

Back