• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Chelsea youngster Josh McEachran, 18, signs a new five-year deal with the Premier League club.

More...

Very happy about this :) Really hope Chelsea give him chances in the first team and he reaches his potential.

Expected this, as Chelsea are trying to comply with the Fair Play rules and encouraging youngsters through the academy. McEachran is their hottest prospect, but I wouldn't get too excited Chelsea fans. They haven't got that much good talent coming through, and they are lucky to get McEachran to sign.

Expected this, as Chelsea are trying to comply with the Fair Play rules and encouraging youngsters through the academy. McEachran is their hottest prospect, but I wouldn't get too excited Chelsea fans. They haven't got that much good talent coming through, and they are lucky to get McEachran to sign.

you haven't got that much brain.

Very happy with this and the Bertrand deal. I would expect loan deals for them this season maybe not Josh but definatly Bertrand.

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

You are either trying to troll very badly or you seriously have no idea at all do you. Chelsea's youth acadamy is producing the best talent the club has produced since the 1960's. Reached atleast the FA Youth cup semis 3 times in the last 4 seasons winning it once and runners up once and giving much more youngsters first team appearences along the way. I would go into mentioning some of the young lads we have but anyone with a footballing brain knows the players we have comming through

I think he's a good prospect, but to me he'll always be looked upon as Chelsea's 'Wilshere'.

Good lad, Josh. Now get your head down and work hard on the training ground - if he breaks through in the next year or two he can easily find himself under the watchful eyes of the England Snr. selectors. Euro 2012 may be a step too far though since he needs to bed into the national set up and have at least a year at the top level IMO.

Good lad, Josh. Now get your head down and work hard on the training ground - if he breaks through in the next year or two he can easily find himself under the watchful eyes of the England Snr. selectors. Euro 2012 may be a step too far though since he needs to bed into the national set up and have at least a year at the top level IMO.

Yer i think 2012 is too soon for him but 2014 WC is in his sights easily

A bit like Wilshere who has looked impressive playing for England too. Hopefully the same can be said About Josh soon.

A bit like Wilshere who has looked impressive playing for England too. Hopefully the same can be said About Josh soon.

Yeah. Difference with Wilshere was that he broke through (to the Eng set-up, and Arsenal) just AFTER a major international tournament. If McEachran was a year older, he'd have more of a chance.

Yeah. Difference with Wilshere was that he broke through (to the Eng set-up, and Arsenal) just AFTER a major international tournament. If McEachran was a year older, he'd have more of a chance.

It depends on the team too, Josh could have played 15-20 games for United last season

It depends on the team too, Josh could have played 15-20 games for United last season

Well he made 17 appearences for Chelsea last season so thats not bad for a debut season.

This is why you're a joke.

Anyway, good news for Chelsea. :)

hardly any were starts tbf.

So your saying he would have started infront of Scholes, Carrick, Park and Giggs (both played central at some points), Anderson and Fletcher and maybe even Gibson?? I dont think so. 4 starts in a debut season playing for a side like Chelsea is very impressive indeed.

So your saying he would have started infront of Scholes, Carrick, Park and Giggs (both played central at some points), Anderson and Fletcher and maybe even Gibson?? I dont think so. 4 starts in a debut season playing for a side like Chelsea is very impressive indeed.

Yes, since he is a quality young playmaker, he would have played behind scholes, and alongside carrick/fletcher/anderson. Giggs filled in because there was no one behind Scholes. Certainly would have got more than 4 starts

Yes, since he is a quality young playmaker, he would have played behind scholes, and alongside carrick/fletcher/anderson. Giggs filled in because there was no one behind Scholes. Certainly would have got more than 4 starts

Well thats your opinion which is fine but i 100% disagree.

Very happy with this and the Bertrand deal. I would expect loan deals for them this season maybe not Josh but definatly Bertrand.

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

You are either trying to troll very badly or you seriously have no idea at all do you. Chelsea's youth acadamy is producing the best talent the club has produced since the 1960's. Reached atleast the FA Youth cup semis 3 times in the last 4 seasons winning it once and runners up once and giving much more youngsters first team appearences along the way. I would go into mentioning some of the young lads we have but anyone with a footballing brain knows the players we have comming through
...Compare it to Arsenal's or Manchester United's academy/youth, that it looks bad.

Why hasn't any Chelsea youngster been given a chance yet? Macheda was given a chance when he was only 16, Wilshere when he was 17/18, etc. I'm not saying that they have to break through, just be given a few games and impress in them.

You've still got a lot of work to do until you have one of the best academies in the world.

...Compare it to Arsenal's or Manchester United's academy/youth, that it looks bad.

Why hasn't any Chelsea youngster been given a chance yet? Macheda was given a chance when he was only 16, Wilshere when he was 17/18, etc. I'm not saying that they have to break through, just be given a few games and impress in them.

You've still got a lot of work to do until you have one of the best academies in the world.

The reason why these players dont get more of a chance at Chelsea is because there is more pressure in managing Chelsea then there is managing Utd/Arsenal wouldnt you say??

Back