Memphis Depay not doing well..

• Thread starter Thread starter GazzaHazza
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 8K

GazzaHazza

Reaction score
Hi in first season for arsenal and playing depay as left IF and hes not doing that great.

Using the ChristianEriksen - Beautiful play v6.1 (i think) formation.

Is there anything i should be doing to get the best out of him??

Thanks

He's very hot and cold mate,scored 18 goals up to jan in my spurs save then only 4 all season after that with exactly the same tactics,I used exploit flanks tactic and shoot less often

Hi in first season for arsenal and playing depay as left IF and hes not doing that great.

Using the ChristianEriksen - Beautiful play v6.1 (i think) formation.

Is there anything i should be doing to get the best out of him??

Thanks

Use the new v11 tactic and conn's opposition instructions.. Depay will win most games on his own..

I personally prefer him as a Complete Forward Support rather than on the wing, reduces that wasteful off-target shooting and makes him play more efficiently, also makes him a threat aerially. Train him on finishing and then heading. Over 2 seasons, he scored about 70 goals in the league for me and 25 in UCL

learn to develop your own tactic, then you'll know how to get the best out of him. The whole board can get 20 goals out of this guy in year 1, so him not doing so for you is certainly down to user error. If you just want to buy players go play FIFA.

Btw, an arsenal player using a tactic named for a spurs player is sacrilege. The game is more fun when you've created your own tactic and are winning games because of actions you take, rather than downloading a tactic and then pressing continue thousands of times, while hoping you win.

learn to develop your own tactic, then you'll know how to get the best out of him. The whole board can get 20 goals out of this guy in year 1, so him not doing so for you is certainly down to user error. If you just want to buy players go play FIFA.

Btw, an arsenal player using a tactic named for a spurs player is sacrilege. The game is more fun when you've created your own tactic and are winning games because of actions you take, rather than downloading a tactic and then pressing continue thousands of times, while hoping you win.

Cut him some slack mate. He bought the game to enjoy it, not be lectured on the 'correct' way to play it. This is a thread about how to get a player to preform better, not a discussion on gaming elitism for tactical purists. If you part money for a game, you're entitled to play it whatever way you choose.

Though I'll agree that you're point about learning to develop a tactic still stands since that teaches you how to identify a players strengths and utilize him effectively. Figure out what the tactic you've downloaded is trying to do and figure out why he's not doing the role effectively.

Last edited:
I personally dont think he's good enough to play for Arsenal in the first season, he needs to develop a little first.

Does anyone else find he is very injury prone? first season he was reliable but injury prone from then on.
Needless to say I will probably be looking for move him on soon
View attachment 326383

Oh how his reckless shooting does upset me at times. Make sure is player role is on roam. I find he takes more tight angled shots if you dont. This gives him a chance to square up more. Also, maybe try playing him a bit narrower. He can usually dribble around people or he can lay off some nice passes when he is in tight.

Played him as left sided IF for Man United and he was league top goalscorer 1st year. Used Omerta tactic. Have 15 league goal bonus in contract.

Back