Mental Issues

• Thread starter Thread starter nickreed86
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2K

nickreed86

Reaction score
Hi

On my Newcastle save i am doing well but every now and then yohan cabayes morale goes low and starts "switching off" during team talks. Ultimately his form then drops. Is this a problem with his mentality and if soso how do I manage him?

Hi

On my Newcastle save i am doing well but every now and then yohan cabayes morale goes low and starts "switching off" during team talks. Ultimately his form then drops. Is this a problem with his mentality and if soso how do I manage him?

maybe only play him sparingly, or at half time assertivly tell him not to get complacent if you can, maybe talk about his last game with him and say he wasnt good enough

whats his mental stats can you put a screen up please?

I signed Cabaye and Fellaini for my Arsenal side and found that both did exactly this. I usually speak assertively to the team and calmly to the individuals. Speaking assertively to both seemed to switch them off. The only way was to keep their morale at Superb by praising them after good performances and speaking passionately to them. They would never react positively to anything though, unless I spoke aggresively to them and singling them out as playing poorly.

View attachment 300558

Thanks for the help guys, screenshot above. Ive tried saving the game and speaking to him before and he becomes very confrontational and it got to the point where he wanted to leave as a result so im scared to do anything!! Hes a big part of the way i play and ive just qualified for CL but im tempted to get rid while i can in order to keep the harmony in the dressing room?

View attachment 300558

Thanks for the help guys, screenshot above. Ive tried saving the game and speaking to him before and he becomes very confrontational and it got to the point where he wanted to leave as a result so im scared to do anything!! Hes a big part of the way i play and ive just qualified for CL but im tempted to get rid while i can in order to keep the harmony in the dressing room?

What is his personality described as?

As far as I've seen, players only switch off during team talks if you botch feedback.
For instance, passionately telling the team at half time that they're playing well when they're losing? Sure way to make some of them switch off.

Determined players expect harsh feedback when they play poorly.

One example from my current match, since the player has just about the same mental stats as Cabaye:
We won 4-1, but one of the defenders only had rating of 6.9 and looks uninterested. I tell rest of the team (calmly) that I'm happy with the result, then (aggressively) tell that defender that I'm not pleased with what I saw. Result? "Looked motivated and inspired, Looked delighted, Looked happy".

I've found that it's to do mostly with your reputation.

Back when I started without any rep, players would all react badly even if I said "keep up the good work".

Now I can scream at them when they're 2-0 up against Man City and tell them I'm not impressed, and all of them will react by getting fired up. (It's better than saying "don't get complacent").

Check your assistant managers feedback during matches to see if he gives you some more information :D

Back