rickyhyde89

Reaction score
Iv always wanted to take a Championship club and sign players based only on their mental stats. So just put in the filter a minimum for stats like determination, work rate, team work ect... and sign the cheapest/youngest player for each position and not take into account other stats.

Has anyone ever tried this before?

I did a test in FM12, where I created player with poor technical stats, decent physical stats and amazing mental stats, with CA and PA around 160. Funny enough, he was really good in BPL, always had above 7 rating. He was central midfielder btw, and if you notice in FM12 central midfielders rarely had rating more than 7.

I did the same thing on last years game with the full squad of players for Reading but never got round to playing it. Going to give it a try with QPR now.

I sometimes do that in the lower leagues (As in League 2 to Skrill/BSB North & South), mainly just for workrate, decisions, flair, off the ball or creativity.

Although in my Cardiff save I bought Abdou based only on the fact he had 20 work rate and he was fantastic.

It does help you find good youngster though at all levels. Put an age limit on of 17, then just go through the key mental stats (Such as the one I said above) with a minimum of 18 and you can find quite a few gems.

goog example is Thomas Muller..He does not have good technical attributes but his mental stats are amazing..