Messi Signs For Crewe.

Reaction score
It was the end of the 2018/19 season and Crewe had just been crowned premier league champions for the first time in their history. I then began to improve the team and push for champions league glory for the first time.

View attachment 275543
It was while searching through the Barcelona youth ranks looking for the next nig thing, otherwise known as Adama Traore, that i noticed a number of unhappy players in their squad, Suarez, Januzaj and you guessed it Messi. It turns out the Barcelona had managed to miss out on Champions League qualification, finishing only 5th in La Liga and leaving the players in revolt.
View attachment 275541
So obviusly i declare my intrest in everyone unhappy and sure enough the news starts coming through that Crewe is a club Messi has "Always dreamed of playing for". I make a bid, initially expecting to be knocked back but when my £50 million pound offer is immediately accepted I dont know what to think. I cancel the deal and Manage to whittle them down to £41.5 million, at teh same time having a £27 million pund offer for Januzaj acceped and £ 15 million for Suarez.
View attachment 275539
In the end i decided against the Suarez deal as i didnt want 2 players on ridiculous wage bills.
So not only have i managed to pick up Messi for a ridiculously low price, but he accepts a wage offer of £275k a week, (with a 10 million bonus) and 10% increase each year.
Compared to all of the other deals for Messi i have seen on fm-base and elsewhere this is easily one of the best, and could be considered one of the best outright deals for any player, a relatively "low wage" and for what he could have demanded and no sell on fee.
View attachment 275538
Having focused on youth players up until that point he did take up over 35% of my wage bill which was a bit daunting, but to say he has repayed it is an understatement. His stats for year 1 were:
View attachment 275537
year 2 were:
View attachment 275536
and year 3:
View attachment 275535
The trouble now will be keeping him on past his contract expiry without offering him a massive wage, however even at the age of 35 his stats are ridiculous and you would think he still has the ability to single handedly win you the title.
View attachment 275532

So in short, if you want to sign the best player in the world for a ridiculously low fee, make sure you're in the UCL and hope against hope that Barca do make it.

And as an extra side note, incase you weren't jelaous enough already, i managed to sign Kurt Zouma from PSG a year later for a measly 8 million after they bought Vallejo.XD
View attachment 275524

Sorry if the images are a bit small, dont know how to enlarge them without lots of hassle.

Jammydodger321

Messi is a legend,you're so lucky to have him...
Jeez,his stats are incredible,and his performance,i think you should offer him a new deal,till 38yo...
But how in the world Barca didn't qualified in UCL ?!
Btw,did you tried to sign Neymar ? He's sensational,phenomenal...

II would have definately got him if i could have but hew wasnt unhappy so Barca didnt accept any bids for him

Back