Messi

Reaction score
I have noticed that in the champions keague Messi has run Roma and Lille ragged in the champions league like you would expect.

However, for some reason he has been a disaster in the premiership not scoring any goals in his first 10 games and only 3 assists. In the champions league he has 2 goals and 2 assists in his first 3 games which is excellent.

Why is this? Does anyone else have the same problem with him?

tbh im pretty disappointed wit him and ronaldo.

the likes of giovinco and ballotelli have been far better on the wing for me however of u give messi a free role with lots of creative freedom he shud do well eventually

messi bags 20+ for me.
i suggest full attacking mentality
much creative freedom
short passing - often
forward runs run with ball - often
no long shots
mixed through balls
cross ball - rarely

oh and a free role.

works for me but also check team instructions

messi bags 20+ for me.
i suggest full attacking mentality
much creative freedom
short passing - often
forward runs run with ball - often
no long shots
mixed through balls
cross ball - rarely

oh and a free role.

works for me but also check team instructions

Totally agree with ThreeFour, almost exactly the same instructions as me.

You need to let players get used to a new country...

Update average of 7.52 in last 5 games despite him not scoring. However, has has 8 assists to his name.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Also what is ironic is that Messi has just been injuried and I had to bring on his backup Joe Cole and he scored striaght away.

which season are you in and what team are you managing btw ?? finally how much did u pay for him ?

when i bought messi to the premiership in the first season he would do 20+ assists and a few goals but after 1 season him and vela up front have been scoring mid 30's. train him as a striker (FCd)

only 45million!!!??? he cost me £75 million although i alredy have a great team so i was gona buy him no matter what the price was

I have to admit he has settled down and he has just picked up player of the month and goal of the month. He has scored 7 goals and the last 2 months with 9 assists to his name

Back