Metro 2033

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 1K

Raikan007

Reaction score
has anyone played this game yet?? i bought it on the weekend and it is phenomenal, the graphics are the best in any game i have seen so far to date! the weapons are a breath of fresh air, great voice acting, good story so far! 10/10 in my books, a great new take on FPS :D
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/m...vert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;read-review
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc2hhef-Nzo"]YouTube- Metro 2033 - Launch Trailer[/ame]

I saw some stuff about it on a game show on tv, looked pretty good, reminded me of Half Life a bit for some reason

its STALKER/Fallout 3/Half-Life 2 all together (its insane) :D

Never heard of it, might need to check this out. What is the game play like? or similar to?

Seen a few little snippets about this, the release seems to have slipped under everyones radar, im really keen to play it, but so far i think im right in saying its xbox 360 only? :(

Seen a few little snippets about this, the release seems to have slipped under everyones radar, im really keen to play it, but so far i think im right in saying its xbox 360 only? :(
yeah i know, i never heard of it, not alot of advertising and publicity, but it does seem to happen with gems of games like this :D
i bought it for my PC, (and i am from SA;), so im sure it must be the same over there) im sure it is on Xbox and most probably Ps3 as well. (but i am not sure)

Never heard of it, might need to check this out. What is the game play like? or similar to?

you seriously need to, its fantastic, its a mixture of Fallout3 (FPS) STALKER, very realistic, very atmospheric and beautiful and great stories/cut scenes etc, all out great game!

i had my eye on this pre release and I will be renting it

In saying it's a mixture of Fallout/Stalker, is their an RPG element to it and the buying of guns/ammo or do you just aquire new weapons as the story progresses like HL?

Looks decent. Ill buy it at some point. Too focused on getting RDR at the moment though but when im done with that ill be picking this up along with Alan Wake and Split Second.

Edit, ok got it slightly wrong, heres what wiki says:

The game is played from the perspective of a character named Artyom. The story takes place in post-apocalyptic Moscow, mostly inside the metro system where the player's character was raised (he was born before the war, in an unharmed city), but occasionally the player has to go above ground on certain missions and scavenge for valuables.
The games' locations reflect the dark atmosphere of real metro tunnels, albeit in a much sinister and bizarre fashion. Strange phenomena and noises are frequent, and mostly the player has to rely only on their flashlight to find their way around in otherwise total darkness. Even more lethal is the surface, as it is severely irradiated and a gas mask must be worn at all time due to the toxic air.[7] Water can often be contaminated as well, and short contacts can damage the player, or even kill outright.
Often, locations have an intricate layout, and the game lacks any form of map, leaving the player to try and find its objectives only through a compass - weapons cannot be used while visualizing it. The game also lacks a health meter, relying on audible heart rate and blood spatters on the screen to show the player what state they are in and how much damage was done. There is no on-screen indicator to tell how long the player has until the gas mask's filters begin to fail, save for a wristwatch that is divided into three zones, signaling how much the filter can endure, so players must continue to check it every time they wish to know how long they have until their oxygen runs out, requiring the player to replace the filter (found throughout the game). The gas mask also indicates damage in the form of visible cracks, warning the player a new mask is needed. The game does feature traditional HUD elements, however, such as an ammunition indicator and a list of how many gas mask filters and adrenaline shots (med kits) remain.
Another important factor is ammunition management. As money lost its value in the game's setting, cartridges are used as currency. There are two kinds of bullets that can be found, those of poor quality made by the metro-dwellers themselves, which are fairly common but less effective against targets, especially mutants, and those made before the nuclear war, which are rare and highly powerful, but are also necessary to purchase gear or items such as filters for the gas mask and med kits. Thus, the player is forced to manage their resources with care.

Last edited:
There is a trading system, apparently you acquire most of your guns and ammo via shady characters lurking in the shadows of the Underground network. I have no idea what you give them in exchange for weapons though.

Use your imagination Jake. You give them the same thing Kris gives his local games shop owner to peruade him to sell him games early. (K)

Personally id rather wait.

Last edited:
There is a trading system, apparently you acquire most of your guns and ammo via shady characters lurking in the shadows of the Underground network. I have no idea what you give them in exchange for weapons though.
Pre acopolyptic ammo (it has a yellow hue/shine) you can change between the two in game if you run out of the normal ammo (this is the Metro made ammo which is sort of kak) the pre war ammo is a lot stronger than the metro one! you trade in your guns along with this pre war Ammo for newer weapons (which are pretty special)
not much of a RPG, but you will be immersed in the story and environment so it will make you feel like it is, not upgrading of personal stats etc etc!

the best part is your throwing knives, which can be collected of the dead body after a silent throw from distance to the back of the neck! best thing was i aimed one at the head and it him in his flashlight on the helmet, smashing the light out and bouncing off the helmet :P

I've completed this on 360. Good game, but not something I'd run through again.

It's very atmospheric at times, but eventually becomes rather repetitive.

just finished it this weekend, was a good enjoyable game still graphics are its main strenghts, needed to be explained a bit more with certain things that happen to you along the way, very good game and a must play for all FPS fans out there! a bit short though (but this is after playing Dragon Age Origins for more than 72 hours before :P on to Mass Effect 2, cant frikkin wait!!!!!

Back