Michael Potts aka "The new Michael Owen"

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 6K
I signed him on FM09 and he was decent but I had too many other good strikers to see how good he could have been.

he looks to have better overall stats there, rather than just decent pace and finishing.

Oh no! Another player with so much potential that will be injury prone his whole career! What a shame.

Michael Potts is absoloutely awesome for me.
Signed him for Stockport, in 2016, now in 2020 and still awesome.
Quality player.

Just looked him up on my current game, stats look quite good in 2015. But then I looked at his goalscoring record: Reading, in the Championship, last season 4 goals in 40 matches, this season 0 in 29. I was thinking what the ****? "the new Michael Owen"? Until I saw he was a central midfielder not a forward.

Just looked him up on my current game, stats look quite good in 2015. But then I looked at his goalscoring record: Reading, in the Championship, last season 4 goals in 40 matches, this season 0 in 29. I was thinking what the ****? "the new Michael Owen"? Until I saw he was a central midfielder not a forward.

He was a striker on FM09 so I didn't even notice that. I haven't seen him yet on FM10.

Yeah hes a MC on my game aswell in 2016 :S

yeah sorry, he is Natural on my game so i assumed he was a natural Striker, maybe should change the thread name to just Michael Potts :P

Well based on his stats he could do quite well as a deep-lying forward, its just he needs positional training from a young age.

have him. Absolute killer as an advanced forward or poacher in L1 and the championship. Didn't do so well in the premiership as a striker but I've moved him back to an attacking mid and he's been doing brilliant. I bought him in 2013 in my game and he already had shoots from distance and likes to beat offside trap PPM's. He's also learnt tries killer balls often recently so he's been racking up the assists recently (as well as lob keeper and run with ball throug centre). Also when he scores in my game he scores in bunches - he'll go on like 8 match runs with a goal or an assist

As a side note he's also captain of my team and nearly everyone on the squad has him as preferred personnel or "thinks he's a good player". I ran a 433 last season and the other two strikers had him as preferred personnel and three mids as well- i've never seen that before. (The team just couldn't defend for ****)

Dominated the EPL for my Blackburn team as an attacking midfielder as a 16 year old...Scored an amazing 30 yard screamer off the crossbar and in, in a 1-0 win over Chelsea at the Bridge.

i got this regen whos been called the new alan shearer
Pat Williamson

Last edited:
Back