Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error

• Thread starter Thread starter Mal Boyd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 51K

Mal Boyd

Reaction score
My football manager 2012 has come against something I can't see a thread for. When I get to a specific point the game closes down and an error message appears saying "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime has requested this application close down in an unusual manner, The application will now be closed". Pretty much word for word.

After it had down this three times, it went to the usual crash dumps error, but I think this was the initial cause. Has anyone come across this before? Maybe with a solution?

Thanks in advance, I appreciate the help,

Mal

same problem here mate. i was coming up against a problem causing an error at the end of my first season, i'm in the middle of adding another league and it crashes while updating the players.

first 3 times i tried i just had crash dumps - validated the files from steam and now get the C++ Runtime problem. Steam updated while i was mid game earlier so i thought it might be that....

Yeah just some extra info. I had a steam update, and the crash dumps error mysteriously vanished. And back came the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error!

"Program:...iles/steam/steamapps/common/football manager 2012/fm.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more informations".

Words for word. Any ideas how to fix it? I am planning on uninstall-reinstall, then contacting steam. If anyone has any other ideas though...?

ditto

Same thing happened to me while adding facepacks. I tried cleaning the cache and it just kept happening, the only fix was a clean install of the game. I assumed it was my laptop not being good enough to load all of the faces in the facepack. I've upgraded my laptop which is much much better than what i was initially using and the very same crash just happened again. Can't seem to find any help anywhere about it -sigh, reinstalls-

I have managed to fix it: I was using Game Booster, a program that kills some processes for faster gaming. When I stopped using Game Booster I have had no runtime error anymore. Hope this can help some of you out.

Just got another crash; and I'm not using game booster.

Maybe it's Norton?

I checked and I don't have either of these applications. I contacted steam, and they said they would help me with the issue, although they also said they didn't think it was a problem with their software...

I really don't want to uninstall/reinstall so lets hope help comes soon..

I spent 50 euros to buy the game from steam. In order to support steam and Football Manager. I have the same problem. I dont know what to do, steam doesnt give an information, as far solving the problem and i really start getting mad, cause i have friends that didnt buy the game and downloaded for "free" and believe it or not they dont have any problems... I uninstalled both manager and steam but the problem was not solved... Right now i am MAD that i spent my money that way... By the way, Mal Boyd how did you come in contact with steam?

I have the same problem, only with my laptop, it's fine if i play with my desktop.

But with the laptop, i have tried to unintall and reinstall the game, and also the VISUAL C++ and it just keeps crashing...

To me it says something about the C++ Library problem...

I think i because i loaded too many leagues, so now i take them out, i play with desktop untill they go really out from the save and will try again in laptop...

I have a 3 year old computer and i have all leagues loaded from all nations. I have also been frustrated with this annoying error so i turned off all match reports which makes the game go 10 times faster anyway, i turned off the 3d match engine cos i dont like watching it and i turned off background pictures and it now works perfectly. Obviously their is people who want to experience all these things i have turned off but maybe your computer is like mine and cant cope with the new 3d engine. Just want to say also this may not be a solution to the problem just give it a go.

This crash error normally occurs due to having too many players loaded and your system not being able to handle it. There's a red 'warning' message which appears if you attempt to run too many leagues and players at the start of the game - basically if you're running with a 32-bit OS (this normally won't cause any issues on a 64-bit OS) then there's a chance you'll run out of memory if you load too much. We recommend that no-one with a 32-bit OS runs over 100k players - however if you have a weak machine as well as this OS the number may be less than that.

It's something being looked into for the next update, but you will not be able to run a so-called 'huge' database with a great number of leagues without issues I'm afraid.

That sounds like a good point and seems to be the case with mine. Ive had to sacrifice 3d pitch for bigger database but thats how i prefer FM and i have no more runtime errors. Next year i will have to get a better computer to play FM13 lol

Mine's coming up with this, when all im doing is loading up the game, so before I've even selected any leagues that I want in the game. Help?

Back