marcMCFC1986

Reaction score
Won't lie - I don't read every single individual news items on FM as a lot of it is repetitive or unimportant. This does mean, however, that I can occasionally miss important items.

The new PL season, on my save, started on 24th July 2022 - which is odd. However, what is more odd is that there appears to now be a mid-season break from end of October until beginning of January... (see screenshot)

Has anybody else had this? Doesn't this just mean the rest of the season is just going to be crammed into fewer months and so players are going to be exhausted?

View attachment 27392

Same thing happened to me in my sunderland save. Has found it very difficult having to chop and change my team so much. How have you found it?

Qatar world cup year.

Of course - thanks!

Same thing happened to me in my sunderland save. Has found it very difficult having to chop and change my team so much. How have you found it?

Very frustrating - I have quite a small squad at Palace and so don't really have the option of changing much around! Got to the end of the season, finished 8th but only 3 points off Euro Cup Qualification, with a better GD than Spurs in 7th. I lost 2 of my last 3 games against teams that I arguably should have beaten, and probably would have earlier in the season had it not been for the player exhaustion.

I didn't mind it, came as a surprise though when I played the first league game in July! The most frustrating thing I found was that the transfer window stays the same (so in January), while the break is Nov/Dec - would have been good to have that chance to then go into January with the new players already in with a couple of friendlies already in