Middlesbrough FC takeover???

• Thread starter Thread starter Neall
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2K

Neall

AFK
Reaction score
ok so i was on the Boro wikipedia page and this was on it i am wondering if it was legit!!!????

In April 2010, Russian billionaire Oleg Deripaska's newly-formed holding company MFC2010 Limited took control of the club for an undisclosed figure[citation needed]. Former owner of the club, Steve Gibson, who became lifetime president upon Deripaska's takeover, announced that after much consideration he had decided to sell his hometown club, believing the new ownership was in the best long-term interests of the club and its supporters. Deripaska immediately announced a five-year plan for the club, to involve heavy investment in the first-team squad and the club's commercial infrastructure, with the intention of achieving Champions League football at the Riverside Stadium by 2015.

if it is give me your thoughts of what it means to you if your a boro fan

If that's true then they managed to keep is quiet pretty well XD

Or maybe some **** on Wikipedia playing an April fool's.

Think we would have heard about it if there was anything in it.

Deripaska's estimated fortune was $28 billion in 2008, according to the Forbes wealthiest list, making him the 9th richest man in the world.[3] In 2009, Deripaska's ranking fell to a ranking of #164 with Forbes stating: "he may not withstand collapsing markets and heavy debts"[4].

Rusal's placing in Hong Kong in January 2010 was clouded by controversy surrounding its massive debt and a lawsuit against its owner Oleg Deripaska by Michael Cherney. The IPO secured criticism that Hong Kong regulators were undermining the Chinese territory's credibility as a financial region by allowing a company - Rusal - struggling with nearly $15 billion in debt to list shares.[13]

I hope not for boros sake

oh yeah it april fools i forgot:/ well the person put effort into the mini article and it is on his page aswell??

no news on the boro site or on google

still **** have more cash than SG

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

i dont get whats funny andy lol

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

so has anyone else found any thing out?

On the wikipedia page it says The truthfulness of this article or section has been questioned.

So it is likely probably April Fools. Best way to hear news from clubs is on TV or their official website not wiki as people can edit it at will.

yes but maybe (and hopefully!) they are keeing it quite and are finalising it

i do doubt it though

Its BS, Gibbo has always said he would never sell Boro to tycoons from abroad. This isnt even in the evening Gazette. (local paper)

Back