Middlesbrough reject Liverpool's Jones bid.

• Thread starter Thread starter timmsy123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 2K

timmsy123

Reaction score
Just seen on SSN that Liverpool have had a £2million bid rejected for Middlesbrough Goalkeeper Brad Jones.

Can't think why they'd want to buy him?

Discuss.

Good, why buy a 28 year old back up player who isn't even English to fit the home grown quota

Could be the end of Diego Cavalieri. Not sure why though unless he is unhappy. If so I'd sell him and give make Bouzanis our second choice rather than spend money on a backup.

I think he would. As would Jones though, so yeah that may be the thinking behind this one.

---------- Post added at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

Good, why buy a 28 year old back up player who isn't even English to fit the home grown quota

He does fit the home grown quote :S

I think he would. As would Jones though, so yeah that may be the thinking behind this one.

---------- Post added at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

He does fit the home grown quote :S

I think what he's saying is that he does fit the quota, despite not being English. I think Ben's suggesting he would prefer and English player to fill the home-grown quota?

I think what he's saying is that he does fit the quota, despite not being English. I think Ben's suggesting he would prefer and English player to fill the home-grown quota?

Oh yeah misread, I am tired :$ Good point, I'd rather just sell Cavalieri and give one of our own young goalkeepers the place on the bench.

And David Martin, Who is English

---------- Post added at 02:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 AM ----------

Cavalieri - Most Premiership Named+ Un-used sub ever.

:)

Really makes no sense. He's like 3rd in the pecking order for the national team and when Adam Federici is ahead of you - how good can you really be? I think his spot is under pressure from Bouzanis as well.

Liverpool could move for Reading's Adam Federici after being rebuffed in their bid to sign Middlesbrough keeper Brad Jones.
Full story: Daily Mirror

I'm guessing the thought process behind these rumours went like this... What position haven't we linked Liverpool with this Summer? Oh yeah a goalkeeper, what nationality was Fulhams Goalkeeper under Hodgson?

Liverpool could move for Reading's Adam Federici after being rebuffed in their bid to sign Middlesbrough keeper Brad Jones.

I'm guessing the thought process behind these rumours went like this... What position haven't we linked Liverpool with this Summer? Oh yeah a goalkeeper, what nationality was Fulhams Goalkeeper under Hodgson?

Very odd but then again it doesn't really matter. Any back up will have minimal involvment.

Wasn't there an old rumour from a earlier this year that Liverpool was chasing Federici? or is this completely new?

Not sure whats more amazing, the fact Liverpool offered 2m for him or the fact we rejected it. I would of snapped their hands off, he's total *****, got dropped last season after the fans turned on him.

Not sure whats more amazing, the fact Liverpool offered 2m for him or the fact we rejected it. I would of snapped their hands off, he's total *****, got dropped last season after the fans turned on him.

You guys were meant to be after Palace's keeper Sperlotti [edit: Speroni - that's the one] or something (sorry only heard the name - never seen it spelt) but couldn't do a deal.

he is **** i can remember when he played for us i don't get this 1 bit how come our keeper is miles better than him and we sold him for 1 million to burnley and he is English

To reading comments earlier, i can pretty much assure you that Adam Federici will be at Reading after the transfer window close. He's been drawing interest from Italy, Tottenham & Liverpool of late, but he's said that his duties are at Reading and he would even sign a new contract to prove that. Link Here

On the topic of Liverpool goalkeepers, Joe Hart is still bobbling around, maybe Liverpool could bring him to anfield, but i think Joey's too good to be on the Bench. I think they should just stick with the back up keeper they have now. Not the best, but an alright back up..

Last edited:
It's not rejected anymore apparently
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...alkeeper-Brad-Jones-2m.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Also reported in various Aus media outlets
A bit steep for a backup keeper who is Championship quality at best and who isn't going to get a run. Anyways probably a bad move for him if he wants the Aus No1 shirt, with Schwarzer on the end of his career and Fredirici playing regularly in a good league

Last edited:
Back