Middlesbrough - trying to keep things simple.

joshb92

Reaction score
so I've just started a career with Middlesbrough and I'm looking to bring in some good young players ideally on a permanent deal who can improve the club but that will also improve to a premier league player.

ideally im looking for

LB - friend is past his best now and need competition for Coulson
CB - Fry will be at the heart of the defense, wood is to young so could do with someone to step in for ayala
LW - literally have nobody in that position that's worth talking about
ST - Fletcher isn't prolific Gestede is awful and assombalonga isn't all that

so I've just started a career with Middlesbrough and I'm looking to bring in some good young players ideally on a permanent deal who can improve the club but that will also improve to a premier league player.

ideally im looking for

LB - friend is past his best now and need competition for Coulson
CB - Fry will be at the heart of the defense, wood is to young so could do with someone to step in for ayala
LW - literally have nobody in that position that's worth talking about
ST - Fletcher isn't prolific Gestede is awful and assombalonga isn't all that

LB: Vagnoman is class and natural at both LB and RB, if you can get him he'll be agreat signing. Cheaper alternatives Bradaric (can pick him up for a few million and was using in Premier League in first year at Crystal Palace and he was class and improves rapidly)
CB: MLS is full of good cheap young players especially at CB. Check Atlanta Utd, they have class players. Fry will be class, just need someone to compliment him.
LW: Ezequiel Barco (sp?) from Atlanta would be a good option and is natural in all attacking midfield positions.
ST: Eddie Salcedo (if you can get in quick, big clubs do come in for him but if you can get the deal over the line before them you have a chance)

Transfer list and loan list are your best friends. Those available on one are usually available both ways, i.e. you can usually loan transfer listed players and vice versa.

Hope the above helps, let us know how you get on mate :)

I wish id seen your comment sooner, these are the signings I went with, unfortunately could not get a LB or CB so ill be relying on what ive got and youth academy. as money is so tight I went with the following signings -
1588069310373.png

havent got off to the best start to the season, but have been struck with injuries early on

For CB try Antov from CSKA-Sofia or Gvardiol from Dinamo. Gvardiol is fantastic and left footed, both will sign for Bristol City right at the start of the game with staged transfer fees..