midfielders have low match rating

• Thread starter Thread starter Stijninho
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 3K

Stijninho

Reaction score
I am chelsea and i'm now in my fourth season.

My formation is 4-1-2-3. So with 1 dmc and 2 mc.

Dmc is romero and mc 's are pogba and koke. So this has to be one of the best midfields but they arena dissapointing me.

What are the best roles for this midfield?

Remember that the ME doesn't recognise midfielder's performances so well. Match ratings are heavily based around goals, assists etc and doesn't always take into account the duties they do.
Similarly to IRL. Many holding midfielders often go unnoticed for the work they do as they're not banging in the goals. Vieira, Scholes, Makalele etc at the time weren't seen as stars. It was only once they were out of the team when you truly noticed how important they were.

Try this with your team. How do you get on when one of these doesn't play? That's when you can see how well they are performing rather than base it around ratings.

The match grade a player gets is never the entire story. A striker might miss 15 chances but score one and end up looking okay. A defender might look very shaky and make multiple mistakes, but a goal off a corner can offset that and make it look like they had a nice game. you really need to watch matches and pay attention to what is happening.

Quite simply - are the players in question doing what you want them to be doing? Don't expect a defensive-minded midfielder (based on skills and/or role settings) to be making long runs with the ball, sliding long passes, etc. But if he is breaking up attacks effectively, shielding your defense, and so on, he is doing his job. Pay attention to those things and base your judgement on that.

Back