Minimum Age 25? (+Black (Empty) Faces)

• Thread starter Thread starter vince0018
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1K

vince0018

Reaction score
I had two questions.
First I have been playing since FM2011 so though I'm no expert, I'm somewhat familiar with the game, but have just started playing FM2012 today.

I remember this was the case in FM2011 also, but the minimum age you can start a manager at is 25.
I know this is realistic, but since I can choose many aspects of my manager to make him as much like myself as possible, it's seems a little 'off' that I can't choose my real age (22.)
I know this isn't a huge game breaker, but not having 'my' birthday as my real birthday is a little off-putting.
Are there any mods or files I can edit to change this?

Secondly, one thing that bothered me on FM2011 was how there were so many players with absent faces (black portraits.) Because of that I've always been using a face pack to add many more faces.
(Football Manager 2012 Facepack Megapack - FM2012 Download Player Faces)
However there are still frequent players without portraits.
What I thought was strange was that generated characters had generated faces, but why couldn't characters without portraits auto-generate themselves faces?
It seems like the game could be perfectly capable of doing this, and it seems like a bit of a missed opportunity.

Vince

What I thought was strange was that generated characters had generated faces, but why couldn't characters without portraits auto-generate themselves faces?

Vince

Beacuse then a player you/I know exactly what he looks like would have completely different face.

That's true, but I think I'd prefer that to them having no face at all.
When I used to play I would even go out of my way to avoid having anyone on my team without a portrait.
This time around I'm trying to put up with it better.
If it auto generated them based on their '3D match view' character roughly, you'd think that would be fine.
(That way someone with a caucasian portrait wouldn't be black during a 3D match; I've had that happen actually in FM2011.)

That's true, but I think I'd prefer that to them having no face at all.
When I used to play I would even go out of my way to avoid having anyone on my team without a portrait.
This time around I'm trying to put up with it better.
If it auto generated them based on their '3D match view' character roughly, you'd think that would be fine.
(That way someone with a caucasian portrait wouldn't be black during a 3D match; I've had that happen actually in FM2011.)

Or you could download more facepacks :D

Can you really download multiple facepacks at the same time?
The one I've linked in my first post seems to have the most faces, and seems to possibly get more faces from other facepacks so I didn't think it was necessary or possible to download more.

I have to admit though, that since I played FM2011 when this facepack had about 70,000 faces to now when it has more than 100,000; the empty portraits or more rare.

Also I play as U.S.A / Canadian teams so they probably get less love from face packs.

Back