FM2014Fan

Reaction score
I want to take Montreal Impact delete their club history and such and replace them with Orlando City so that Orlando plays the 2014 season and Montreal Impact joins the MLS in 2015 as the expansion team but not sure what i have to edit in the database...

I want to take Montreal Impact delete their club history and such and replace them with Orlando City so that Orlando plays the 2014 season and Montreal Impact joins the MLS in 2015 as the expansion team but not sure what i have to edit in the database...

I tried it out and figured out how to do it.

Switch competitions between Orlando and Toronto. Do that by going to Toronto's team page, then to the comp tab, then make these changes:

Division: Major league Soccer >>> American Third Division - Eastern Conference
Last Division: Major League Soccer >>> Blank or American Third Division - Eastern Conference
Next Division: Blank >>> Major League Soccer

For Orlando City:
Division: American Third Division - Eastern Conference >>> Major League Soccer
Last Division: American Third Division >>> Doesn't matter. You can change to MLS, blank or keep at American Third Div
Next Division: Major League Soccer >>> Blank

After you do that, go to the MLS competition page. Go to the Registered Teams tab. It is the 5th one down on the left. You will see 2 teams listed there: NYCFC and Orlando City. Don't delete Orlando city, but simply switch them with Toronto.

That is all you need to do. You can do all of this without toughing the nation rules or advance rules.

My other question is in the default database that u can draft Europeans that play in college and what not and doesn't have youth intake however in the January update it has youth intake but in the superdraft u can only draft Americans and Canadians and not Europeans.. Is there a way u can draft Europeans too and have youth intake.. Thanks

In real life, the MLS draft is only open to U.S. College players. The only way internationals enter the MLS draft in real life is if they played College soccer in the U.S. and chose to enter the draft. There is no college level in FM, so that situation cannot be created. Thus, it will only be Americans in the MLS draft in FM.

There is youth intake, but MLS rules are that only 18-24 years olds can be entered into the draft. Youth intakes are generally 15-16 years old. So, depending on what club they were generated in, it will take a few years for them to be draft eligible. Also, I believe FM also creates regens between the ages 18-24 for the U.S. for the draft, while also creating 15 year old regens for your Academy (Youth team).

Does that mean I have to wait until they turn 18 before they can play on my mls team? Say for example I play as Montreal and I get these 15/16 yr old intakes they can't play in mls until they are 18 or do they have to be drafted into mls first... Obviously no 15/16 yr old is gonna jump right into mls

when i ment college I donno what leagues they draft from in mls in fm I just know college and university in irl.. Is there not Canadians as well that can be drafted?

Last edited:
Does that mean I have to wait until they turn 18 before they can play on my mls team? Say for example I play as Montreal and I get these 15/16 yr old intakes they can't play in mls until they are 18 or do they have to be drafted into mls first... Obviously no 15/16 yr old is gonna jump right into mls

when i ment college I donno what leagues they draft from in mls in fm I just know college and university in irl.. Is there not Canadians as well that can be drafted?

No. you can sign kids from your development academy at any age, including 15 year olds. The game has been out for 8 months. Didn't bother just signing a 15 year old from your academy and try playing him to find out that answer? lol

Those set of youth intakes are different than the ones that can only be acquired through the draft. When you go into the draft, you will only see 18-24 year olds. But as for your youth academy, the regens will be 15 year olds and you can sign them any time, and play them any time. There is no age restriction. Freddy Adu played in the MLS at like 14 years old. But generally, yes, no 15 year old is going to be mls ready. But, that still doesn't prevent me from signing a kid who has a lot of potential so that he can get much better training and tutoring with the first team than he would at the academy. Every MLS team has a youth academy. Think of it as your U18 team that you'd seen in with the European clubs. They are your players. You don't need to sign them right away. You have a few years. I think the season after they turn 18, they leave the youth academy if they go unsigned by you.

College and University is the same thing, but ya, since those don't exist in FM, the programers had to program the game to closely imitate that. I do not know what league they draft from. Start up a test save, go to the draft and look at all the draft eligible players. Then look at each one and what club he came from, and the league that club is in. That will give you an idea.

As far as that editing u told me to do above do I delete the team history and all of the players in the pre game editor as well?

As far as that editing u told me to do above do I delete the team history and all of the players in the pre game editor as well?

You don't need to. It won't make any difference. All that is up to you. If you want to start over from scratch, then RELEASE the players, don't delete them. Why would you want to delete the likes of Michael Bradley and Jozy Altidore and the other players from the game?