MLS

• Thread starter Thread starter FM2014Fan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 4K

FM2014Fan

Reaction score
how does the MLS work? do they have FA Cup, FA Trophy like england does? how many rounds are their drafts? do they have regen dates and get as many players as all other countries do?

Also i know the MLS teams have reserve squads do the reserve squads play each other or no

If i take my hometown team in Hamilton and replace Orlando City with them when in the game do i take over the new squad to prep for the expansion draft etc..

also in yr one for my expansion team but year 2 for everyone else is that when reserve squads start playing each other..

You would try to do that change and then go to vacation to find out what would happen.

I was watching some MLS FM15 videos on youtube and my question is with the reserve squad and academy squad I'm a bit confused. The drafts that MLS has does that replaced the youth intake or you still have the youth intake for MLS teams as well...

I was watching some MLS FM15 videos on youtube and my question is with the reserve squad and academy squad I'm a bit confused. The drafts that MLS has does that replaced the youth intake or you still have the youth intake for MLS teams as well...

Most of us haven't a clue how the MLS works. To be honest, I think you'd be better off just diving in and figuring it out.

c) with the martch wavier draft Feb 25th, December 8th wavier draft, expansion draft dec 10th, and then the re entry drafts on 12th and 19th of december when is the super drafts and supplemental draft as it doesnt list the dates in the general info under rules

c) with the martch wavier draft Feb 25th, December 8th wavier draft, expansion draft dec 10th, and then the re entry drafts on 12th and 19th of december when is the super drafts and supplemental draft as it doesnt list the dates in the general info under rules
Do u still need help or do u understand. I have a regular save in MLS with Vancouver. If u need any help just let me know

Here is what i am confused about:

a) They list the drafts for:
dec 8 - wavier draft
dec 10 expansion draft
dec 12 & 19 - re-entry draft

When is the superdraft and the supplemental draft? Can you view the draft lists of which players are avail for those drafts and scout them before the Combine games?

b) Reserves/Feeders... Whats the difference between the two? Ive pretty much just played in England in FM15 so is Reserve like the U21 and Feeder like the U18? If i take over a expansion team in 2015 season do my Reserve & Feeder clubs get schedules to play other reserve squads and feeder teams...

c) does MLS just have the 4-5 different drafts or do they have youth intake as well?

Do manage in the MLS. Its too confusing with their rules and regulations. Stick to European football (this is coming from an American).

Here is what i am confused about:

a) They list the drafts for:
dec 8 - wavier draft
dec 10 expansion draft
dec 12 & 19 - re-entry draft

When is the superdraft and the supplemental draft? Can you view the draft lists of which players are avail for those drafts and scout them before the Combine games?

b) Reserves/Feeders... Whats the difference between the two? Ive pretty much just played in England in FM15 so is Reserve like the U21 and Feeder like the U18? If i take over a expansion team in 2015 season do my Reserve & Feeder clubs get schedules to play other reserve squads and feeder teams...

c) does MLS just have the 4-5 different drafts or do they have youth intake as well?
A)The superdraft is on held on 8th January. Supplemental draft is on 15th January.
B)Reserve have friendlies. The feeder club is called residency. which is where u can sign players from. Acts as a academy.
C)They have 5 drafts and the superdraft is where you pick up regens. I think they also have a regen date but dont quote me on this

A)The superdraft is on held on 8th January. Supplemental draft is on 15th January.
B)Reserve have friendlies. The feeder club is called residency. which is where u can sign players from. Acts as a academy.
C)They have 5 drafts and the superdraft is where you pick up regens. I think they also have a regen date but dont quote me on this

Does the feeder clubs play other feeder clubs? If I don't assign reserve clubs or feeder clubs will they automatically assign them to me

Thx guys... Just gotta find out what league to make my feeder club play in for my created team

I wish i could have my drafted players if they arent ready play a full season with my reserve squad but ohh well

I have a 15 yr old in my feeder club.. It says I have to wait until he is Domestic drafted. Is that the super draft that i have to wait until hes drafted in and if so do i get first crack at signing him

I have a 15 yr old in my feeder club.. It says I have to wait until he is Domestic drafted. Is that the super draft that i have to wait until hes drafted in and if so do i get first crack at signing him
im american maybe i can help lol. That 15 mustnt be in your academy. Only players in your academy can be signed.
Tips:
Reserve matches are usles imo for development. Best thing to do is get affiliated with a usl pro (or american third division tema)
Quality scouts are hard to sign/find
Outside the 1st round of the supplemental draft is useless to me imo
Trade to the top 2/3 picks if possible
Get international slots, you can sign some nice south american players. I manage to get a argentina u-20 striker.

So in other words don't hVe a feeder club in fm get an academy team?

every team in mls has an academy team. It should be in your affiliated clubs. orlando city's is OCSC academy i think.

Back