Sick of it already! Help!

Elseychelsea

Reaction score
2 seasons = 2 relegations with Newcastle & Ipswich, was hard with Ipswich as they had financial problems but Newcastle! 3rd attempt trying Chelsea so far 3 games = no goals scored & 3 defeats. I've read through some tactics & players etc no getting anywhere.

play a 4-3-3

LB = full back support
RB = full back support
CD/CD = central defender defend

DM= defence midfielder Defend

CM = central midfielder support
CM = central midfielder automatic

STCR = complete forward Support
STC = Poacher Attack
STCL = Trequartista Attack

pitch size minimum
play threw the middle
play narrow

I'm man city and even if I buy messi still struggle to win matches. What formation is best on iPad game

I've tried that formation it's the standard Chelsea formation but clearly isn't working, on iPhone you can't change pitch size settings etc. And what is that attacking option u mention? You can only have deep lying, poacher, complete or target man forwards.

How many players are you buying? If you buy 10 players it will upset the team's balance and they won't gel in time.

Also what formation are you playing?

I've read your guide about Chelsea, I've only bought 4 & only 1 for the starting 11 which is Cavani but didn't use him till 3rd game. With Ipswich I could hardly buy any as only get 175k. Newcastle I bought quite a few but that was my 1st go on the game.

1st 2 games with chelsea went with 4-3-1-2 with mata behind torres & Drogba. 0-0 with man.utd fair enough then lost to everton & wigan. Switched to 4-3-3 for 4th game put cavani in for Drogba moved mata forward but was losing at half time so turned it off. Balanced play with short passing & committed tackling.

With Newcastle & Ipswich I favoured a 4-1-2-2-1

Play 4321 with Chelsea and attacking/pressing. I don't like short passing that much so try direct.

Newcastle seems fair enough but maybe your player roles are too defensive (for a 41221 try a DLM/BWM, B2B and DLP/APM and 2 WNGs or INF - if INF put your DR/L on WB).

Would dread to think what would happen to you on the PC version :(

The 4-4-2 diamond is suppossed to be the most effective formation on handheld. Use attacking mentality, short passing and high pressing.

433 is the most effective, the diamond is only good with counters and wing backs I have found.
Personally I hate short passing as it seems to give you loads of possession with not much menace while direct is a mixture between short and long creating fast attacks and being more potent.

4-3-2-1 worked well upto xmas period was unbeaten for 16 games but seemed to go down hill after 4-1 defeat to liverpool, then somehow lost 4-0 to west ham in cup. Ended up finish 8th in league only kept job as won fa cup i think. Kept trying different formations after that none seemed to be consistent.

Play 4321 with Chelsea and attacking/pressing. I don't like short passing that much so try direct.

Newcastle seems fair enough but maybe your player roles are too defensive (for a 41221 try a DLM/BWM, B2B and DLP/APM and 2 WNGs or INF - if INF put your DR/L on WB).

If you kept changing your formation that could have been a problem. Sometimes just changing one or two players after a match who did bad to wake them up works, however changing formation after every few games can lead to the team not settling into it.

3rd season went a lot better, finished 3rd. Stuck with the formation 4-3-2-1 most of the time from the start but it seemed that teams had sussed us out by sitting defensively as despite finishing 3rd we were the lowest scoring team in the league apart from the relegated teams. Lots of games were drawn 0-0 or 1-0 wins with very little action. My players were still getting 7-8+ ratings so couldn't fault there effort. I tried to play counter attacking football at home but it still doesnt seem to improve the goal tally and ended up having to go gung-ho in 2nd half to get a goal. 5 games into new season and only 5 goals scored.

Try to find a formation that suits your players and if some are dark green let them play there because they will adapt