Money and Club Balance Dilema

• Thread starter Thread starter Dicko1878
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 3K

Dicko1878

Reaction score
right im in a dilema, my board has given me 54 mill to spend on transfers however when i looked at the clubs finances it has a balance of around 35 million. so my question is this...

do i spend all of the transfer money or only 30 mill of it? thanks

Nice board, giving you more money than they have, Happened to me once too, I spent the budget and my balance went to a minus figure, then the board were angry because of the state of the clubs finances.
I would only spend about 20-30 million of the budget

Okay great youve been given a massive budget now ask yourself what are you going for in the league ?, and build a squad around it and with this warchest of money make only VITAL signings

im a created team, i done a challenge similar to the fm-base one but this was before this came out and put my team in the championship. im in my 3rd season after claiming 5th place and now they want me to qualify for europe.

tbh i only need a good RB as i have loads of youngsters to bring through

think about Leeds, Newcastle, Portsmouth, and Southampton. then decide if you should spend it all.

i think you should buy a good rb. save the rest of the money and sell a couple of not key players to reduce the wage bill abit.

buy only neccessary players (buying say 4-8 players at once does mess up squad harmony) spend say 15 million on a good RB as you say you need, maybe another good player off the transfer list that you need decent cover for in your team i.e. Gk for eg.

then take some of that money (transfer) and put a substantial amount into your wage budget and make sure that you are easily +25 000 a week in the postitive! this will mean that the cash is still in the club and if not used, will get put back into the club, this helped me alot, i was in a similar postion as you, had no transfer cash for 3 to 4 seasons then got my 33 million budget (after alot of hard work) and spent about half and reinvested back into the club

hope this helps

Thanks alot guys this helped alot, the thought of managing a club in a finacial crisis scares me haha any suggestion of a good english RB or could you put a link to show me in the right direction please (6)

Back