mkdons4eva

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just started playing FM14, 39 games into my first season and am top of the league with MK Dons. This is the longest I have lasted on any previous FM game before quitting after finding myself fighting relegation! So things are going well.

However, it looks like things may go down hill from here. The clubs financial situation appears to be in a bad way. I have not spent any money on transfer and have had to rely on loan signings. I've only been able to sign 1 free transfer as I cannot afford wages.

So, I guess the best option would be to sell players, however, even my best player is only getting bids of 300k, which really doesnt seem worth it.

Does anyone know how much money I will get from getting promoted to the Championship? Also, whats the likely hood of getting bought by an investor?

I have some really good young players, especially a guy called Deli Alli. His market value is 450k at the moment, 5 star rating and is only 17 years old. He has featured heavily in my first team and has scored a number of goals from a AM position. In real life, he has had less of an impact and MK Dons are demanding millions for him. Will his value rise at the end of the season?

Raising money is not your concern...It's the president concern...He should inject money to you since you are very succesful...Also loans should not cost you a dime if you don't want to participate in his wage...

When I manage clubs in the lower league I also tend to go in a deficit and rely on the price money you get every season. This means that my ambition is to get promoted, which would result in more money from TV, fans, merchandise, etc... If I don't get promoted I have to bite the sour apple and sell some players if necessary. Usually I only sell my players if no one injects money into the club. You shouldn't be concerned yet, your club can handle a little time in the negative :)

Your club should be setting available wages at a level that they predict wont put them into the red. But if your team is currently in the red despite being under the available wages you'll just have to wait it out until the end of the season, get your prize money, and get your balance into the black. There will be more money in the Championship for you with better TV and sponsorship deals but even those don't get too big until after a couple seasons in the Premier League.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I just won the league. Prize money? 25k! Yup, you heard right, 25! Christ alive thats going to do me a **** of good! oO)

Thanks for the replies guys.

I just won the league. Prize money? 25k! Yup, you heard right, 25! Christ alive thats going to do me a **** of good! oO)
Congrat...You did your share...Now it's up the board to show it's appreciation...Your reputation went up...life is good...

Last edited: