Most Frustrating player at your club, Past and Present?

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 2K

CJACKO11

Reaction score
I didn't see a thread like this and i thought it would be a pretty nice topic. Who is the player that frustrates you the most at your club, i mean you know they have it and can produce it you have seen it, but dosen't do it on a regular basis. I want to know a past player and a present day player.

Present Player: Saloman Kalou - Has proven he can score goals but sometimes looks so lost and un-intrested. I believe since he has been at Chelsea every time he scores Chelsea have gone on not to lose that game which is a great record to have. I still have high hopes for Kalou and took his 2 goals nicely against Wigan the other day.

Past Player: Jesper Gronkjaer - The lad has so much pace and ability it was unreal but every single time his end product was dreadful. He scored a few big goals for us and some from crossing positions which im convinced were actually miss hit crosses rather than shots.

Please share your thoughts.

Otamendi.. I bought him for 12 million a few seasons in with Southampton and he was terrible, I got him in January in like 4th, we ended up playing even worse in defence. I had to sell him to Galatasery for 8 million in the summer and bring in Kryvstov.

Otamendi.. I bought him for 12 million a few seasons in with Southampton and he was terrible, I got him in January in like 4th, we ended up playing even worse in defence. I had to sell him to Galatasery for 8 million in the summer and bring in Kryvstov.

He means real life i think mate, e.g for your Man U team - Forlan because he has since shown hes an all round quality striker but it just didnt work out while in Manchester. Bar the liverpool match ;)

I didn't see a thread like this and i thought it would be a pretty nice topic. Who is the player that frustrates you the most at your club, i mean you know they have it and can produce it you have seen it, but dosen't do it on a regular basis. I want to know a past player and a present day player.

Present Player: Saloman Kalou - Has proven he can score goals but sometimes looks so lost and un-intrested. I believe since he has been at Chelsea every time he scores Chelsea have gone on not to lose that game which is a great record to have. I still have high hopes for Kalou and took his 2 goals nicely against Wigan the other day.

Past Player: Jesper Gronkjaer - The lad has so much pace and ability it was unreal but every single time his end product was dreadful. He scored a few big goals for us and some from crossing positions which im convinced were actually miss hit crosses rather than shots.

Please share your thoughts.
Prepare to see it from Benny mate ;)

Babel - Done very well first season, now dosen't look up to it. Was really highly rated, if he'd gone to Arsenal, he'd be a world beater by now probably.

Torres - Because of his injuries. Best striker in the world Imo.
Agger - Best defender at the club, I love my Danny, but injured too much
Aurelio - Injuries, also.

Markus Babbel - Great defender, contractyed a syndrome, never looked the same, left for free to Stuttgart. Even though the syndrome wasn't his fault of course. Just annoying that it happened.
Luis Garcia - Love him. But would make some silly decisions

Last edited:
Kalou like you mate,proven player who has pace and ability both but trys to act like 'cool' dude with his stupiud mohawk and ****

Present - Turnbull, Tansey, Conlon, Poole - all capable of playing there best but only do it when they can be arsed, Tansey always tries to do the impossible, Turnbull is proven but has been unfortunate with bad managers.

Past - Peter Thompson - despite putting all the effort in, nothing went right for him, I was one of not so many who rated him though.

Ishmel Demontagnac when he was at Walsall.
We all saw he had talent, Jimmy Mullen our manager at the time didnt see it, he didnt play many games..
Then during an FA Cup game vs Scunthorpe we were all chanting Ishy's name and so Jimmy Mullen brings him on, how does he repay us? Within 7 seconds he elbows somebody in the face off the ball and gets sent off, that wasnt the first time either! His nickname was Asbo for a reason.
He then got into trouble with police on that night and the club had no choice but to terminate his contract :(
Great player though.

Present - Jermaine Jenas, what the f**k does he actually do? Nothing, hes useless.
Past - Didier Zokora, He'd chase back a player 40 yards make a brilliant slide tackle, then pass the ball straight back to the opposition :@

Past: Jose Antonio Reyes. He was always capable of brilliance, but all too often didn't look like he cared.
Present: Carlos Vela. He, like Reyes, is capable of so much. But he just hasn't fulfilled his potential. Hopefully he does soon.

Past: Jose Antonio Reyes. He was always capable of brilliance, but all too often didn't look like he cared.
Present: Carlos Vela. He, like Reyes, is capable of so much. But he just hasn't fulfilled his potential. Hopefully he does soon.

agree with reyes to an extent. the fact that he hasn't hit heights anywhere else doesn't make me feel too much against him.
it's too easy to say eboue and bendtner so i'll go with diaby for present, all because of that ridiculous own goal header.
for past definitely baptista, scores 4 goals in one game and then nothing else of merit

Present: Anderson, Seems to have gone backwards in potential

Past: Veron, such a huge fee but was just awful, but showed this year at the World Cup how good he is

Joey Barton: However well he played on Sunday, I cannot stand this man. He even managed to cause controversy against Villa, with a supposed '**** salute.' I've seen the video, and how he can deny that one with a comb over and a moustache, I do not know!?

Craig Bellamy: The man had the nerve to slag off Alan Shearer and post offensive letters through his letterbox. He was a one-good-game-a-season player and never performed to what we paid for him. Awful player and I am glad he was sold.

Past: Tommy Wright- Realised nobody was writing about the SPL, Tommy Wright former Aberdeen "Striker" was bought for 100k and scored 2 in 2 seasons (against East Fife and St Mirren).

Current: Fernando Torres- One week can be unplayable the next week he is the shadow of that player, ok he has had injuries but you wont see that from other world class strikers.

Look, being injury free is a skill itself, many players have proven to keep their fitness level at the highest. Torres is a good player, he finishes his chances but to be honest, he couldnt do jack even in the spanish national team, even with a dynamic attacking midfielder like gerrard on his tail couldnt help him score.

Id rate him 7/10 +-1 with or without injuries.

Past- David Bentley, so many people labelled him as a player about to follow in Beckham's footsteps, look at him now.

Present- Jenas, i honestly thought he would lodge out players like carrick and barry from the england squad, but even huddlestone has a higher chance of being in the starting lineup now.

Celtic - Pat McCourt can produce some special moments or do nothing all game.

West Ham - Dyer, dont think this needs explaining.

Current - Lucas, when he actually tries hes a really good playmaker, he just doesn't seem to want to bother.

Past - Igor Biscan, proved he had loads of ability in europe, but delivered so poorly in the league. :(

Look, being injury free is a skill itself, many players have proven to keep their fitness level at the highest. Torres is a good player, he finishes his chances but to be honest, he couldnt do jack even in the spanish national team, even with a dynamic attacking midfielder like gerrard on his tail couldnt help him score.

Id rate him 7/10 +-1 with or without injuries.

Past- David Bentley, so many people labelled him as a player about to follow in Beckham's footsteps, look at him now.

Present- Jenas, i honestly thought he would lodge out players like carrick and barry from the england squad, but even huddlestone has a higher chance of being in the starting lineup now.

How can Bentley be a past player when he is still playing for Spurs? oO)

Back