Most important set of stats?

• Thread starter Thread starter England66
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 1K

England66

Reaction score
What are the most important set of stats for you? Do they have to be technically gifted, mentally strong or just a complete physical monster?

Just curious as to what everyone has precedence towards, personally I find mental to be the most important personally followed by physical. But I also suppose depends upon league? Anyways what do you guys think?

I suppose that is the main factors. In the PL anyway I feel it is better to be physical and mentally strong as those with good technical but not good physical or mental stats don't seem to do as well?

The obvious answer is they need good attributes for the position I want to play them. But they also need to have a good work rate and teamwork for my style of play. Most importantly I only use players with a strong mentality.

As scotty99TR said, it all depends on position.
Flair is good for an attacking player but can be a troublesome with defensive players.

Personally I start with tackling and how good a player is in the air aligned to their composure, decisions and determination with the merest suggestion of aggression.

As scotty99TR said, it all depends on position.
Flair is good for an attacking player but can be a troublesome with defensive players.

Personally I start with tackling and how good a player is in the air aligned to their composure, decisions and determination with the merest suggestion of aggression.

That's fair enough, I always start with Determination, Work rate and Teamwork as the most important stats because I feel they are what drive the team.

The obvious answer is they need good attributes for the position I want to play them. But they also need to have a good work rate and teamwork for my style of play. Most importantly I only use players with a strong mentality.

When you say mentality do you mean mental stats or personality wise?

Decisions is probably up there as one of the most important stat.

FYI - If you search YouTube there are a set of videos by WorkTheSpace researching stats. One shows that in general, technical skills appear to be more important than physical skills, at least at the lower levels.

In my limited experience I agree that decisions is a strong one - I had two strikers I was comparing mid-season, one of which was significantly better than the other on paper but was being out-performed by the weaker one. I'm sure there were other factors as well, but the "good" one not performing had like a 7 or 8 decisions and the "bad" one that was doing we'll had a 15. They were both Deep-lying Forwards though - most likely if they were Poachers or Advanced Forwards it wouldn't have mattered as much.

Last edited:
Back