Most Promotions/Relegations in a row.

• Thread starter Thread starter Blynd1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 5K
B

Blynd1

I was wondering wich teams have made it..

Just saw Luton, they went from the championship to blue sq premier... 2006-2010... Ouch :O

a litlle off topic now, but also... But Nurnberg they are the first club to be relegated from the Bundesliga as the reigning champions... This was somewhere in the 60's - 70's

So anyone else know any of these 'funny' 'stories' XD?

We all remember the infamous relegation of Juventus XD

Look up Northampton in the 60's I think it was, we went from the 4th division to the 1st division and all the way back down again in 7 years I think!

Rise and fall
They played their only season of their existence in the top division of English football when they reached the First Division in 1965–66. Northampton had been promoted from the Fourth Division to the First Division in the space of five seasons but were then relegated back to the Fourth Division by 1969–70. During their top-flight season they earned a double against Aston Villa and victories at home over such luminaries as Leeds, Newcastle, West Ham, and Blackburn, the only team they finished above in the table.

leeds

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

but the most funny IMO is charltonXD

Swansea were promoted in 1978 and 1979, then stayed up in 1980, were promoted to the First Division in 1981 and finished 6th in 1982! Then...they were relegated in 1983, and again in 1984 and then were back where they started in 1978 in Divison Four after relegtion in 1985.

That's 6 promotions and relegations in 8 years! :O

I was wondering wich teams have made it..

Just saw Luton, they went from the championship to blue sq premier... 2006-2010... Ouch :O

a litlle off topic now, but also... But Nurnberg they are the first club to be relegated from the Bundesliga as the reigning champions... This was somewhere in the 60's - 70's

So anyone else know any of these 'funny' 'stories' XD?

Leeds was quite funny. Relegated to the championship and when they were about to come back up they lost to Watford in the play off final :) Season after they got relegated to League 1

Leeds was quite funny. Relegated to the championship and when they were about to come back up they lost to Watford in the play off final :) Season after they got relegated to League 1

that wasn't funny :'( Peterborough recently had 2 promos then relegated again

If Argyle get relegated this season, they will have had 2 relegations in 2 seasons.

My favourite has got to be Charlton's. :)
Last season I expected Portsmouth to go down a few leagues but they look as if they're going to stay in the Championship this season.

Bradford City's

Beating Liverpool 1-0 to stay in prem first season then down the next, then down down down ever since :(

A funny promotion story in Scotland was Gretna. I think they went from 3rd division to SPL. Stayed in the SPL for one season and got to the Scottish Cup Final then went into liquidation. Unlucky.

I've never heard anyone describe Leeds' story as "funny," not even ManU fans. It was entirely due to off-the-field finances anyway, so not really a reflection on the quality of the team. It's not like they had millions of glory hunters around the world supporting them...

I've never heard anyone describe Leeds' story as "funny," not even ManU fans. It was entirely due to off-the-field finances anyway, so not really a reflection on the quality of the team. It's not like they had millions of glory hunters around the world supporting them...

I can see why other teams find it 'funny'. We attempted to punch above our weight and invest heavily to bring home the glory. Unfortunately the glory never arrived and we went into financial meltdown and desperately tried to sell decent players at severly reduced prices. Then came the 2 relegations. On the other hand I fail to see the funny side of this..... ;)

good news is we seem to be on the way back up :)

A funny promotion story in Scotland was Gretna. I think they went from 3rd division to SPL. Stayed in the SPL for one season and got to the Scottish Cup Final then went into liquidation. Unlucky.

that's quite amazing :O

Back