Mourinho: Back at the Bridge

• Thread starter Thread starter Donovan9
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 4K

Donovan9

Reaction score
View attachment 217354View attachment 217349

Mourinho makes sensational Chelsea return as Villas-Boas storms out!

José Mourinho today took over as Chelsea manager again, hours after previous boss Andre Villas-Boas quit the club. Villas-Boas is reported to have rowed with owner Roman Abramovich over transfer funds to sign key targets just days after Chelsea agreed a record-breaking package to sign the highly rated manager from Porto.

Mourinho won the league consecutively last time he was at Chelsea in 2005 and 2006, and Abramovich and fans alike will certainly hope 'The Special One' can bring even more to Stamford Bridge this time round. Mourinho said this at a press conference this morning:

"It is certainly a great privelage and honour to be back at Chelsea...they have always had a place in my heart and I've dreamed of coming back since I left. I am going to achieve bigger and better things with this club now, and I want Chelsea to be the biggest team in not just England, but the world."​

Asked if leaving Real Madrid had been a tough choice, Mourinho simply replied:

"No. I am the best. Madrid will never be the best."​

It seems the Portugese ace certainly has high ambitions, and high-profile targets such as Neymar, Hulk and Eden Hazard have already been mentioned as possible targets, while ageing stars Drogba and Lampard look uncertain to stay following ageing France striker Nicholas Anelka's departure to China.

More to follow...

Good luck mate I did a similar story on fm10 where I made Mourinho go back so I will follow :)

'Spending won't be like last time' says Mourinho

José Mourinho made sure that the fans and press alike where under no illusions that his transfer policy for Chelsea will be the same as last time. In his first spell at the club, Mourinho made a number of very high profile expensive signings such as Didier Drogba, Florent Malouda, Michael Essien and perhaps most notoriously, Ashley Cole.

When I was last at Chelsea, the plan was to buy the best players and spend whatever we could to assemble the best team in the world. I made great signings, some of whom are still showing they are among the best in the world, but money is different now. The world is different. People say Roman has endless money and can spend it on anything, but the truth is that finances are much tighter now. I want to leave a legacy at Chelsea. I want to bring the best young players to the club and teach them how to play the Chelsea way- MY way

Many fans are not surprised by this news, and many are delighted that it appears Chelsea are now planning for the long-term success of the club. But what does this mean for the likes of Drogba and Lampard?

These are players who are very special to the club. They are part of the soul. Until they cannot play to the standard this club demands, then they will not be sold.

Mourinho's first transfer target is rumoured to be Inter star Lorenzo Crisetig, who is currently stalling on commiting to a full-time Inter contract. The talented Italian has been likened to Daniel De Rossi, and Mourinho is apparently moving in for a cut price move that could potentially emerge as the long-term replacement for Michael Essien.

Other targets include Real Madrid youngster Jes
é and Barcelona siblings Thiago and Rafinha Alcantara.

This story looks incredible so far, but how did you get Mourinho to go back to the bridge, did you use the editor, or are you managing them and pretending it's the chosen one

Deleted Mourinho from the database then added myself as him! Makes the game a little more fun. I've got another update on the way soon but just having some issues with steam atm!

Pre-season report: 4/8/2011

Manager Mourinho back in blue!

View attachment 217818

Chelsea manager José Mourinho wasted no time putting his mark on the club, wasting no time making several transfers in and out, as well as loaning youngsters out for some first-team experience. Mourinho has also sacked many of the existing backroom staff and replaced them with some of his own. Roberto Di Matteo retains his role as assistant manager:

"I would be very, very foolish to let Roberto go. He's a legend at this club and I think his managerial record to date speaks for itself. He'll be a very important asset and I look forward to working with him."
View attachment 217793
The controversial transfer of Italian midfielder Lorenzo Crisiteg was completed on 8/7/2011 for a fee of £500k. Inter manager Claudio Ranieri is reportedly furious that one of the clubs hottest prospects has left for such a small fee. Crisiteg refused to sign pro terms with the Milan club, and even though Inter could have been entitled to around £4m compensation via tribunal, the offer from Chelsea was accepted to avoid bad publicity and a long drawn out legal process between the two clubs. Two days later, defender Alex was sold to Man City for a fee of £10m. The defender was deemed surplus to requirements following the recruit of Gary Cahill and even though City are seen as strong title rivals to Chelsea, Mourinho admitted that the fee was too good to refuse for a 29 year old utility player.

On the same day, Chelsea completed a double signing from Barcelona- Ibrahim Affelay and Rafinha. Affelay joins on a 3 year contract for £1.7m, while Rafinha (brother of highly talented Spain midfielder Thiago) has signed a season long loan, with Chelsea having the option of making the deal permanent for £4.5m at any time. Chelsea fans are delighted that a Dutch international has been signed for such a small fee, and look forward to seeing their new number 14 in action. The next few days saw the arrival of youngsters Lucas Andersen, Laurentiu Brancescu and Jese from AaB, Juventus and Real Madrid respectively. In a press conference to introduce the youngsters, Mourinho said this​

"These players may be young but they have the world at their feet. I know Jese very, very well from Madrid and I can tell you that in 10 years he could be as good as Ronaldo. He can go past a man and always looks for the goal. I'm very happy he has given up his life in Madrid to make the right move for his football career. Lucas is someone my scouts have watched for some time now, and he is a very intelligent player- creative and has a footballing brain much older than he is. Brancescu, I think, can be this clubs number 1 in years to come. Even though he is on loan, I am delighted to have secured a first option to buy the player".

On 15/7/2011, Chelsea completed their first high-profile transfer of the summer by announcing the signing of Brazilian winger Willian for a fee of £7.5m, plus a further £2m depending on club and international appearances. Willian, 22, was playing for Ukranian club Shakhtar.

"I am very pleased to be sat here with Willian today. I have watched him for some time and I don't think I have seen a faster player. He is technically gifted and works very hard for the team. I am sure he will only get better and better with time and it's great to sign a player like this for such a small fee."

The transfer is widely seen as a good piece of business by the clubs fans. Although uncapped by Brazil, Willian is touted as being a future samba star and was wanted by clubs across Europe. Chelsea will play Shakhtar in a pre-season friendly at Stamford Bridge on 6/8/2011 as part of the deal.

Chelsea's latest signing of the window has been Chilean international Sebastien Toro for £1m from Colo Colo. The 21 year old has joined Dutch feeder club Vitesse for 3 years while he earns a work permit to play in England.

In other transfer news, Carl Magnay, Rhys Taylor and Ben Gordon have all left the club on loan. Marko Mitrovic has left the club permanently to sign for Peterborough.

Chelsea's pre-season tour of the USA, China and Japan may have earned millions in TV revenue, but results on the field have been indifferent. Chelsea have been criticised for not putting the 'soccer' teams to the sword, and strikers Drogba and Torres have looked unfit and short of confidence. However, there have been some promising performances from the likes of Daniel Sturridge and Juan Mata, scoring 4 goals each.

Nicholas Anelka came back to haunt his former club in the draw at Shanghai Shenua. Fans will be worried that the club have not scored for their last 3 friendlies against inferior opposition, but on a positive note the squad have only conceded 5 goals.

View attachment 217809

Mourinho looks to be favouring a variation of the 4-3-3 used last time as well as at Inter and Real Madrid. Wingers Mata and Willian have been looking to bomb past defenders down the line before looking for killer balls for Torres or Drogba to tuck away. It also appears that full backs Ashley Cole and Jose Bosingwa have been told to stay back and defend more than they may be used to, and midfielder Josh McEachran has seen a lot of first team action, suggesting Mourinho may be ready to implement his youth much quicker than expected.

Transfer Rumours: Thiago and Ayew to Chelsea?

Mourinho linked with moves for European hot-shots

Chelsea have today been linked with big-money moves for midfielders Thiago Alcantara and Andre Ayew, but are said to be unwilling to pay the players asking prices.

Although the energetic Marseille midfielder Ayew has a £11.25m release clause in his contract, Mourinho is said to be unsure whether to shell a large sum of his transfer budget on one player. The player himself has stated he is honoured to be linked to Chelsea, as well as Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur, but the Blues are said to be most appealing to the Ghanain due to the recent return of Mourinho.

"Yes, Andre is a very good player. We are looking at him closely. But we do not have the money that Marseille want for him- if we did then he would already be here."​

The club seem to face a similar problem with Spain international Thiago, with an asking price starting at around £22m. Barcelona are under no pressure to sell their next hot prospect, though with chances at the Camp Nou limited with the recent arrival of Cesc Fabregas, the player may cast some admiring glances to London and joining his brother in search of first team football...

Good luck with this buddy. I :wub: Willian, hope he does as well for you as he does for me :)

Really good story. Enjoyed reading so far. Keep up the good work. :)

Back