Moving teams to English Premier League and missing Champions League spots

crasp

Reaction score
Whenever I play Football Manager I always move Celtic into the English Prem for more of a challenge and move someone boring like Stoke into the Scottish Prem and everything is usually fine, however, on FM13 there seems to be a problem.

I'm into my third season and have managed to get Celtic to finish 3rd but the game has just missed me out and given the Champons League spots to 4th and 5th place which is a bit of a pain to say the least.

Does anyone know what the issue is and how i can solve it? I'm going to have to start a new game and I really don't want the same thing to happen again.

Cheers.

On the Celtic club data in the Editor the continental cup qualification nation is set to Scotland, you need to do change it to England and then make the club you moved have it as Scotland.

how did you swap team like this ? i won to swap a low team league to the premier league ?

how did you swap team like this ? i won to swap a low team league to the premier league ?
You go onto the competitions tab on a club team and then go onto the sub-tab general and put competition as premier league. You then take out the team you want to replace from the premier league and move them into division your team was in.

On the Celtic club data in the Editor the continental cup qualification nation is set to Scotland, you need to do change it to England and then make the club you moved have it as Scotland.

Cool, cheers mate.

Hi,

I would like to add celtic into the enlish league but i dont know how to do this or where to start.
Can someone please give me a step by step guide on how to add celtic into the english leagues.
Thanks

Hi,

I would like to add celtic into the enlish league but i dont know how to do this or where to start.
Can someone please give me a step by step guide on how to add celtic into the english leagues.
Thanks
Read posts 4 and 2 and you should be able to work it out.

Crasp, when you played your game as Celtic in the Premiere league, did you get a full set of newgens at the usual date? Or was your intake limited to only 3 new players?

Crasp, when you played your game as Celtic in the Premiere league, did you get a full set of newgens at the usual date? Or was your intake limited to only 3 new players?

Every year my head of youth development informs me of a new full intake of youth players. Everything is just as it would eb in the SPL except I am in the SPL. I don't give myself any extra funds or anything but, providing I am doing OK, my transfer budget always gets pumped up to about £27m about halfways through the first season.

Perhaps a sign of how successful Celtic might be in the EPL in real life?