MR.DAVIS' ROAD TO THE TOON'S EUROPEAN DOMINATION....

• Thread starter Thread starter 8jamin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 736

8jamin

Reaction score
So i decided to start my first FM13 save with Newcastle United as i think with the setup they have they are what i call 'sleeping giant'.

Mr Ashley the chairman backed me along with the media so i began work...

First thing i did at the club was establish who my main players were and who i considered dead wood. Tim Krul, Davide Santon, Chiek Tiote, Yohann Cabaye, Hatem Ben Arfa, Papiss Cisse and Demba Ba were the players i decided to build team around. Dead wood such as Xisco, Danny Simpson,Rob Eliiot, James Perch and Romain Amalfitano Left the club with my best wishes.

The first blip came as the toons manager when Bayern bid 7.5m for Demba Ba and as his minimum fee release clause was that he soon departed for munich.

The funds i had been given were limited so i proceeded to try and find some gems... This did not happen. I knew i needed a striker for cover to replace Ba and i managed to get Gabby Agbonlohor for 7.5m. I also signed Owen Hargreaves on a free for some experience and cover in the midfeild area, But my main signing was Anderson from manchester United for 4.2m.

This was my work complete in the transfer market as the funds had dried up at this point. So i began the season feeling a 6/7th place finish would be a good season.

First game on the Premier league saw me play Local rivals Sunderland at St James park. I won 3-0 with cisse scoring all 3. This was a great way to start and from there on i never looked back, Beating Chelsea, united, spurs, city, liverpool all in the 1st half of the season. After 18 games i was sitting top of the league, only lost once to swansea (broke me) and cisse leading the goals chart. but more significantly Yahann Cabaye was playing at the top of his game.

When january came the team struggled. We waved goodbye to Cisse and tiote to the african cup of nations whilst Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Collocinni and guitierez were all injured!! lone behold our form suffered. By the end of feb were 4th and 10points off united who were top. So the title challenge had gone......

Once the big hitters returned and the injured players were fully fit, as expected, our form came back and we pushed on towards the end of the season. We were knocked out to CSKA Moscow in the Quarter Finals of the Europa League, Lost at wembly to United in Semi-Final of F.A cup but we did manage to Finish 4th and sucure championsleague which was a MASSIVE achievment for the club.

Papiss Cisse claimed Golden boot with a record of 31 PL games and 28 goals. Overall he played 50 games and scored 41. Other top perfromers were Tim Krul, Collocini, Cabaye, Guiteriez and Ben arfa. Agbonlohor claimed signing of the season after his summer move.

I am just about to start my 2nd season and the main goal is to sure up the defence.... (Kurt Zouma) and make sure we reach group stages of champs league.

And we will see from there... Up the toon!!

Feel free to ask for screen shots or stats etc
(H)

Back