MSL League

• Thread starter Thread starter Luke159
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 862

Luke159

Reaction score
Well to start off with i played a little of FM08 but couldn't get into it because of been so use to playing LMA manager series on the PS1 and later on the PS2. After buying FM11 the other week and get to spend more time with the game i was able to pick up the basics and start flying through the menus with a lot more success than in FM08, so i thourght may aswell get FM 2012 so i can learn the changes between FM 2011 and FM 2012 rather than learn everything FM 2011 has to offer and then learn the new features in FM 2012. Its been a little changing and will take some more time before i'm really understanding everything because FM is totally different to LMA in every way, and its many many features which LMA manager series never had.

To help get into FM12 easier i thourght lets start in a league where there are few team's so not so many different team's to worry about so i took on the MSL with New England and because i had forgotten to change the starting date from England July to USA January, i started half way through the MSL league. I picked New England because they was doing really bad down in 7th and not showing much improvement with draws here and there.

Its been a whole new learning curv what with drafts, waivers, registering your player's etc etc. I started thinking i may aswell have started with a low league English team lol. I hadn't followed the story of Henry or other player's who had moved to the US but when i played New York who i thourght would be at most a draw as they was lower than me at the time by some 4 pts. But in the match i got my *** owned with Henry scoring a hat trick, i couldn't understand how a team like New York could be struggling so bad when they had the player's they have. So i watched them more closely and they would struggle in most of there matches so why did they demolish me but struggle in other matches i will never know.

Before playing New York i hadn't lost a match in 5 games and was on a roll, i had been in charge of New England some 7 or 8 games by then so i hadn't been in charge long but after loosing to New York my team did poor loosing big games easily and drawing with the team's that i should have won against and this poor run continued till the end of the seson.

I have a lot to learn i know that and in time i will, i'm not interested in looking for top young player's on sites because i see it as cheating, i like to try and stick with American player's like Canadians, American's etc but i will take on other player's i know better like Rivaldo for experience for the reserve team to try and help boost there playing style and give them a player to learn from.

Anyway i manually picked the player's i wanted registered for the season and when i looked the player's i had manually picked was gone. I had picked my rosta on the team registration day so i hadn't registered them earlier than i should, i waited for the game to tell me i have to pick my rosta. So i loaded my previous save game up and tried again and it happened again the only way to keep the player's was to use auto pick and except the rosta given to me because any further changes would resault in the manual changes to be lost even though the game allowed me to register the selection. Is this a bug, because if its not a bug then why the **** did it do that?

Last edited:
Back